Must be able to pass federal background investigation & obtain Public Trust clearance
Must be located in (or willing to relocate to) DC Metro area
The joys of a thriving small business doubling year-after-year means the joys of bringing in new teammates to share that growth with. We’ve got our eyes set on the next Technical Project Manager and AWS Architect to join an on-site project team in the Washington DC area. This JHCer is going to play a pivotal role with one of our highest profile clients, overseeing technical implementation activities for our large government customer. The right person for this role is going to have a broad and verifiable background in AWS, including at least three certifications – one of which will be at the professional level – as well as experience with tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Jenkins.
We’re also looking for our Technical PM/AWS Architect to be just as comfortable discussing cloud pricing models as they would be talking through FedRAMP and FISMA compliance or writing CloudFormation scripts. You’re up to speed on TIC requirements also? Perfect! You’ll also work together with our Program Manager to ensure we’ve got all the bases covered.
In this role, you’ll be a part of the Service Delivery team, a fast-moving group of tech enthusiasts that is pushing its clients to be on the cutting edge of technology. As our next Technical PM/AWS Architect, you’re going to bring multiple AWS certifications to our team, you’re going to be a thought leader, and you’re going to look forward to bringing your experience and perspective to your on-site project and the broader JHC Technology team. In this role, you’ll be mostly on-site with our customer in the Washington DC metro area and within walking distance of a Metro station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical direction to maintain AWS infrastructure in optimal configuration from both technical and budgetary perspectives
- Provide technical expertise to the JHC Government Functional Escalation Support and Incident Management Processes involving AWS Infrastructure or related issues
- Lead JHC’s efforts to influence the overall AWS Architecture and Design tenets provided by each of the government Line Office Development Teams
- Compose and leverage AWS CloudFormation Templates for utilization, to ensure repeatable, sustainable AWS infrastructure is effectively managed
- Deploy, test and document development, pre-production, and production environments
- Train and mentor Junior Administrators and Engineers
- Lead JHC’s Technical Efforts in the following areas:
- Creating VPC resources such as subnets, network access control lists, and security groups
- Backing up cloud and on-premise resources, including in a hybrid environment
- Leveraging resource tagging to allocate costs and optimize resource planning
- Creating gold images / AMIs and employ auto scaling
- Configure multi-factor authentication on virtual and hardware devices
- Create IAM users and groups
- Maintain availability of critical government AWS infrastructure.
- Improve operational capabilities of enterprise infrastructure as approved and directed.
- Maintain availability of production systems deployed into Government AWS managed areas that are not covered in Project-Related Configuration Support or Prototype Configuration Support.
- Communication, including responding to alerts, support team requests, and system business area requests
- Enhance Operational Service Plans, run books, known issues knowledge bases, and log defects.
- Must have minimum of 4 years of experience in Cloud / AWS Engineering/Architecture with 7+ years in overall technical engineering
- B.S. Degree in related discipline or equivalent, additional experience
- At least 3 AWS Certifications, including one Professional level certification
- Ability to pass a Federal Government background investigation
- Experience documenting technical requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at multi-tasking and proactive in work responsibilities; you’ll want to anticipate issues before they arise!
- Superior attention to detail
- Passion for providing great customer service
- Able to understand abstract/complex thoughts and ideas “thinking outside the box”
- Personable demeanor
- Willing to mentor and foster those who may not understand the technology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity, Agile Scrum team work environment and exhibit flexibility as innovation is implemented.
- The “main 5” current AWS Certifications and the willingness and ability to earn new certifications as they become available
- PMP and ITIL Foundation Certifications
- Solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Capability in architecture design, system evaluation, system analysis, and infrastructure assessment
- Proficient in scripting image deployment and bootstrapping
- Experience with AWS CloudWatch and other automation services
- Strong background in Microsoft-based applications
- Knowledge of databases like MySQL, Oracle, SQL, or MongoDB
JHC offers full-time team members with a first-class benefits package, including company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employee and family, as well as paid time off, 401k, and cell phone and gym membership reimbursement. JHC Technology is a Service Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business. We look for innovative engineers that want to push boundaries, especially around cloud. We focus on four key areas: Cloud, Virtualization, Mobility, and Collaboration. We do significant work on Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, as well as with SharePoint and Citrix. We work in the Federal Government, Commercial, and non-profit space. Our clients include small organizations that are just getting started in cloud all the way up to enterprise and agency data center migrations. We look for every opportunity to form repeatable and automated processes to streamline work and cost.