US Citizens only
Must be able to pass a federal background check & obtain a Public Trust clearance
On-site, Web UI and UX developer needed for the creation of fully functional web applications and architectures to assist with the day to day operations of the organization. Developer will be called upon to administrator technical support for existing applications, and provide input on architecture design, migration, user experience, testing and maintenance support of new applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing clean, elegant code that is functional, maintainable, and scalable
- Designing, improving, and updating customer-facing websites and applications to create a rich, innovative, and interactive user experience
- Develop standards, best-practices, templates, styles and libraries to provide a consistent user experience
- Staying up to date with the latest web technologies and UI design principles
- Create and update system design and development documents
- Use Git to store, manage and update code in Gitlab code repository
- Meet with product owners to properly flesh out requirements for design and articulate the task back to a team. As well as present and explain concepts.
- Follow the agile methodology to document and coordinate tasks and issues in Gitlab
- Address additional client development needs as they evolve.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Able to use Photoshop and other presentation applications for creating wireframes and demo displays
- Experience with additional web libraries and frameworks such as jQuery, Bootstrap, Font-Awesome
- Able to create Components and Directives
- Must be able to show/demonstrate the work
- Experience with data integration; understanding/experience with RESTful API design
- Working in an Agile environment
Bonus but not required:
- Basic understanding or the ability to learn AWS and Cloud technologies/architectures
- Knowledge with pre-processors and front-end tooling workflows - Node.js (NPM), Bower, SASS
Skills and Abilities:
- Hardworking and self motivated, with the ability to work in both a team and individual settings
- Detailed oriented and able to stand behind the quality of the work.
- Able to learn quickly on the job in a changing environment.
- Can generate proficient documentation using the Microsoft Office suite
- Able to properly understand and interpret level of effort, define due dates and meet deadlines.