US Citizens only
Must be able to pass a federal background check & obtain a Public Trust clearance
On-site, full stack Java Developer needed for the creation of fully functional web applications and architectures to assist with the day to day operations of the organization. Developer will be called upon to administrator technical support for existing applications, and provide input on architecture design, migration, testing and maintenance support of new applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop or Refactor Java based web applications using best practices.
- Provide technical support and consultation for projects and processes.
- Assist in technical planning and providing of recommendations for DevOps solutions
- Use the Spring framework for application development and testing
- Create and update system design and development documents as well as engineering solutions in run books and user guides.
- Use Git to store, manage and update code in Gitlab code repository.
- Meet with product owners to properly flesh out requirements and articulate the task back to a team
- Develop, update, deploy and manage Docker containers
- Follow the agile methodology to document and coordinate tasks and issues in Gitlab
- Address Additional client development needs as they evolve.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with Java J2EE development
- Knowledge of the Spring framework and the ability to integrate the individual pieces depending on the scope of the project.
- Experience working with SQL, MySql and Oracle databases.
- Ability to create, store, and use structured and unstructured data.
- Experience working with both SOAP and Restful Services
- Ability to use JUnit, for the testing of code.
- Knowledge of java logging, logging levels and integrating it into applications.
- Working with Maven for build and resource management
- Understanding of Git and branching
Bonus but not required:
- Basic understanding or the ability to learn AWS and Cloud technologies/architectures
- Knowledge or history working with Ant or Gradle
- Experience with spring boot and making standalone executable jars.
- Experience working with Selenium or another front-end testing framework
- Experience working with Containers and setting up development pipelines
Skills and Abilities:
- Hardworking and self-motivated, with the ability to work in both a team and individual settings
- Detailed oriented and able to stand behind the quality of the work.
- Able to learn quickly on the job in a changing environment.
- Can generate proficient documentation using the Microsoft Office suite
- Able to properly understand, interpret and communicate level of effort, define due dates and meet deadlines.
- Able to work full-time on-site.