10578 - Sr. Business Systems Analyst
The Sr. BSA will assume a key operational role within the Connected Car System Operation program. This individual will have specific assigned responsibilities in support of the Product Development program, Production QA program, as well as administering the established Issue & Incident Management program.
- Connected Car feature development support for new model vehicles and technology platforms
- Production issue triage and tracking, preliminary troubleshooting activities, ticket creation and maintenance, ticket assignments, as well as vendor follow-up
- Working with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders to satisfy customer requests and provide resolution strategies for incoming issues
- Identify root causes of technical issues in production and out of box failures, and come up with the RCA document. Coordinate root cause analysis, problem management, and facilitation of recurring problem management meetings with management stakeholders, trend analysis, and strategic resolution
- Evaluate business and system requirements, ensure technical feasibility, develop, Fix and validate Connected Car system.
- Maintain knowledge and technical expertise of current production system, best practices tools and techniques and implement them in a reasonable and responsible manner.
- Identify issues and risks as they relate to the Issue/Incident Management program and take escalation actions as necessary
- Additionally, this individual will need to be available according to a shared coverage schedule (i.e. 24 x 7) for addressing P1 and P2 (Emergency) incidents as needed
- Design and develop solutions to fix the reported defects, and stabilize the new products into Production.
- Interact with project teams for new products development giving insights from technical issues of previous products.
- Produce clean, unit-tested, and refactored code when required.
- Create system & technical design for downstream technical teams (e.g. Application server, Database etc.)
- Establish development environment and development guidelines (design & code review checklists, design principles etc.)
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- Develop RESTful (Representational State Transfer) web-services that can support high-volume transactions.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to analyze requirements, clarify design dependencies, create test plans, and support functional and non-functional requirements and software documentation in mathematical or diagram form to ensure technical accuracy, compliance and completeness.
- Support testing efforts by engaging in troubleshooting and provide solutions to issues.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES & EDUCATION:
- B.S. required, B.S.E.E. or C.S. preferred
- 6+ years of Product Development or Production QA experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a similar role supporting and interfacing with management.
- Experience in supporting development and design environments with Java, J2EE/.NET and database technologies preferred
- Experience working on complex technical projects in a multi-vendor project environment.
- Incident and Issue Management experience required.
- Problem Management and Root Cause Analysis background required
- Experience using software development life cycle (SDLC) to deliver solutions and experience with developing web applications deployed in multi-tiered environments
- Experience writing & maintaining technical designs, functional designs, and integration documentation using either UML or EA
- Understanding to hands on development experience with web applications deployed in complex multi-tiered environments including:
- Proficient in deploying applications on J2EE Web/Application servers like JBoss, WebLogic and Tomcat preferred.
- Hands on experience in databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL. Capable of writing complex DB queries, and performing SQL analysis and tuning preferred.
- Knowledge of SOA vs micro services and their appropriate application is desired.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) concepts.
- A well-developed understanding of the theory and principles of operation of the internet and packet data protocols.
- Able to learn, or have pre-existing knowledge of, basic connected car architecture including systems integration, interface details, in-vehicle services/functions in order to understand the platform and environment for effective triage and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Strong coordination, communication, and networking sills
- Maintains professional demeanor
- Ability to work as a team and display excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure
- Domestic and international travel required