Our Epic Cupid / Cardiovascular and Nutrition Systems group (CVNS) is seeking a Product Manager to manage a team of talented Senior Analysts and Analysts in collaborating with their client departments (Cardiology and Nutrition) on the design, delivery and support of IT solutions. The Product Manager is responsible for staff management, client/stakeholder management, issue management and project management. The CVNS team owns and supports Epic Cupid along with ancillary cardiology systems such as ISCV, MUSE, Lifewatch, Maclab, Medstreaming, Apollo and Pedcath. The ideal candidate will be an organized, self-starter, proactive process improver, have a thirst for learning, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment.
This position is based in Yonkers, NY. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a team of professionals engaged in providing support for EPIC Cupid, Cardiovascular systems and Nutrition systems.
- Plan the work, delegate effectively and follow up with staff, providing support and guidance.
- Responsible for resource allocation, managing assignments, and overseeing work for new implementations (new system roll-out or new functionality) and maintenance/support of products.
- Evaluate the team and its members' level of performance, to provide performance management and establish the delivery of top tier services and products to the client.
- Mentor and identify training needs for team members, ensuring professional development and superior technical expertise.
- Responsible for staffing decisions and promotion of team members.
- Oversee and manage projects ranging in size, complexity, and scope.
- Contribute to the development of scope documents for clients within area of product knowledge.
- Develop work estimates by gaining an understanding of the client's business needs and objectives while knowing the capabilities and limitations of the application or system.
- Oversee the documentation of user requirements and workflow.
- Manage product requests, reviews requirements and specifications, and works closely with technical teams and end-users to assure high quality.
- Determine how changes impact the overall system and that of interrelated systems.
- Evaluate requests for new systems, processes, enhancements, or other opportunities and suggest alternatives if necessary.
- Communicate regularly with others in the organization that may be affected or need to provide input for a successful integration.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of product solutions, ensuring that the end-product meets the intended needs of the client. Work closely with other teams within the company in order to achieve this.
- Ensure that changes, modifications, and implementations do not affect product performance or other applications and systems.
- Oversee the design of workflow for new systems.
- Ensure systems are performing at satisfactory levels in order to maintain clients' clinical and business processes.
- Participate in all system go-lives under his/her responsibility. Coordinate with Project Managers responsible for implementations as well as other Product Managers involved in multi-disciplinary efforts.
- Regularly speak with clients to address and troubleshoot high-level issues. Work closely with the team to deliver high quality customer support.
- Meet with clients regularly and establish priorities by working with the Client Executive and end-users.
- Interface and work with other departments to identify and resolve issues regarding coordinated efforts to deliver client solutions. Allocate team resources to other departments as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Managing others including employee selection, performance management, delegation, and motivating and rewarding others.
- Estimating level of effort for application development activities and writing proposals for work.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of clinical technology experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with staff management: managing direct reports including employee selection, performance management, delegation and motivating and rewarding others
- Strong knowledge of the workflow associated with either Radiology or Invasive Cardiology or Non-Invasive Cardiology
- EPIC Cupid certification preferred. Consideration will be given for other Epic clinical certifications, Optime, Radiant, Orders, etc.
- The Product Manager must attend Epic training and meet and maintain the requirements for on-going certification
- Overall understanding of the application systems development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects in a healthcare setting
- Strong desktop skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and rapport-building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Presentation skills
- Prior experience with any of the following is preferred: Apollo, ISCV, Xcelera, PedCath, GE MacLab/CardioLab, MUSE, CBORD and Medstreaming
- Additional certification/proficiency in any EPIC clinical module, especially OpTime or Radiant
- Understanding of DICOM, HL7, IHE and other health related standards
- Troubleshooting Cardiology Modalities, US, Fluoroscopy, IVUS, etc.
- Programming or other technical skills
Montefiore Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center, the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Montefiore is one of healthcare's most wired hospitals, widely recognized by the Hospitals & Health Networks' 15th annual Most Wired Survey for our adoption of technology to support clinical care and patient safety & privacy, infrastructure, business and administrative management, and the continuum of care. Our experts deploy new technologies, identify and define business process improvements and provide stakeholders across the institution with the resources needed to meet their most difficult challenges. As a Montefiore IT employee, you'll have ample opportunities to transform patient care, improve health outcomes and gain insight into the technical workings of one of the nation's top academic medical centers. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions! Montefiore Health System employs over 40,000 associates, including our IT division of 1000 people. Montefiore IT is located in Yonkers, NY. Department:
Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit:
Non Union Campus:
YONKERS Employment Status:
Regular Full-Time Address:
3 Odell Plaza, YonkersShift:
Day Scheduled Hours:
8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID:
153667 Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.