Hyundai AutoEver America (HAEA) is a subsidiary of Hyundai and Kia Motor companies specializing in IT services. HAEA (formerly HISNA) was formed 14 years ago and is committed to providing world-class technology services to its clients (of Hyundai and Kia Motor companies) throughout North America. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
The Sr. Desktop Solution Specialist’s role is to provide technical direction and guidance to the desktop support staff in supporting and maintaining in-house end user computing devices, initiatives and peripherals. This includes utilizing advanced management tools, configuring group policies; managing OS patch procedures, generating reports, creating technical roadmaps, leading staff initiatives, project management, vendor management and creating standard process and procedures for the continual improvement of customer services. This role will be required to work with Desktop Support Manager to support multiple CBUs (Customer Business Units) to address their end user needs, while monitoring and ensuring all requests are completed. The person will actively engage with the desktop support vendor to streamline best practices and implement new technologies.
- Technology Planning & Execution
- Plan out the technical roadmaps for the end user services by researching EOL schedules, identifying compatibility of existing solutions/applications against the evolving future technologies, and aligning security enhance requirements.
- Manage MS SCCM for package deployment, patch management, and generate device reports for statistical research
- Manage GPO for user device lock down and enterprise management
- Maintain and expand VDI environment, and create deployment strategies when necessary
- Oversee OS image creation for all CBU and ensure compatibility with all hardware models through testing and verification
- Research and create OS and browser roadmap addressing the dependency with applications
- Participate in user device standard selection
- Manage available stock levels for the timely deployment and replacement (H/W and S/W).
- Provide technical guidance and enforce the company technical standards and best practices are exercised.
- Create and update standard procedures for break fix, system update, and system upgrade as necessary and enforce the best practices implemented.
- Create the new service model based on the ITIL framework (Service strategy, Service design, Service transition, Service operation, and Continual Service Improvement), and focus on continual service improvement in technical area communicating regularly with the multiple customer units and analyzing the ITSM ticket trends and SLA reports.
- Vendor Management & Service Management
- Lead the vendor and internal resources and manage the implementation projects that has been designed and planned internally through the service planning and technology upgrade roadmap.
- Some of the projects include desktop lease refresh, Windows OS upgrade, VDI implementation, and OS deploy automation.
- Collaborate with the multiple business clients to understand their business needs, assist with determining and validate the completion of an agreed solution
- Identify area of improvements related to Desktop Support operations and provide recommendations to management
- Create timelines and budget requirement for actual implement of the solutions.
- Meet with vendor regularly to address any technical issues that impact customer service level.
- Monitor the service ticket SLAs with vendor for timely resolution of all CBU service tickets
- Leadership Management
- Coordinates and confirms that quality client service is provided to staff.
- Acts as lead technician and escalation point for problem resolution
- Is responsible for ensuring that all incidents and problems are resolved within SLA.
- Submit Executive Summary for manager's approval and assist monitoring and forecasting the budget for stock and lease refresh orders to prevent from interruption of the business or active projects.
- Provides input to the manager for continuous improvement in: process and technology
- Lead and/or attend meetings in managers absence and provide status updates identified
- Identify trends that negatively impact performance of HW/SW and performance QA checks.
Required Skills, Attributes & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related area or equivalent experience required
- CompTIA A+ required
- Microsoft Certified Professional required
- ITIL Foundation Certification preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or any PMI certs - Plus
- 8+ years ‘experience working in a corporate environment supporting 1000+ users.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a leadership capacity leading projects/small team.
- 3+ years’ experience working in project manager capacity is a plus.
- Must have fluent technical knowledge of end user device management through MS SCCM and via GPO including patching and report generation
- Excellent communication skill and customer service
Hyundai AutoEver America (HAEA) offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package; including 401K, healthcare, long term and short term disability, educational reimbursement, discounts on Hyundai and Kia automobiles, flexible spending accounts and much more.
Qualified candidates please apply by emailing your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com