Job Title: SAP Master Data Analyst
Client Industry: Manufacturing Industry
The Master Data Analyst is responsible for defining, processing, documenting, and monitoring master data requirements for key business data domains with the goal of supporting continuity of business operations and improving business analytics with clean and trustworthy data. This position will be an integral part of the Digital Procurement Operations Team and the scope will include custodianship of all master data worldwide including but not limited to business partners, material master records in SAP/MDG and Product Hierarchies, Bills of Materials, Production Versions, Source Lists, Purchasing Info Records in SAP ECC.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
· Manage and prioritize the client’s requirements for set-up (manual entry or mass loads in SAP, or via SAP-MDG workflow approval), maintenance and cleansing/enrichment of business master data identified above to ensure continuity of commercial and manufacturing business operations.
· Lead the cleansing, transformation, conversion, and remediation of data efforts across Source to Pay, Order to Cash, Record to Report, Production Planning, Materials Management business processes.
· Design and manage business rules books consisting of business glossary and technical metadata for key master data domains in the client’s business systems and analytical applications.
· Lead audit of master data in the client’s business systems for compliance with data standards, governance policies and procedures.
· Analyze large set of data to report business compliance against critical metrics and recommend actions to improve business performance.
· Manage publication of management reports capturing procurement savings, progress against digital transformation and data quality improvement initiatives.
· Maintain accuracy of cross-referenced master data on supplier catalogs in Ariba.
· Assess and remediate effectiveness of business requestors and approvers in their ability to comply with business service level agreements on turnaround and quality.
· Design and maintain end user documentation related to training, Standard Operating Procedures that reflects latest business operations.
· Provide routine training of end users and approvers with focus on compliance to the client master data rules book, governance processes and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
· Coordinate with the client’s IT to audit and manage mapping of the client co-workers to appropriate business roles.
· Participate in key business initiatives with focus on integration or divestiture of master data in the client business applications.
· Any other responsibilities as assigned by Procurement Manager – Analytics and Data Management
· Travel 25%
· Reports directly to the Procurement Manager – Analytics/Data Management
· Partner with the following internal customers/other colleagues:
– Procurement Leadership Team,
– Leaders from Commercial, Finance, Supply Chain and Manufacturing Operations.
– Digital Procurement Manager
– Procurement Operations Manager
– Procurement Category Managers
– Master Data Analysts, Procurement Analysts, Procurement Buyers
– The client IT
· Demonstrated proficiency in one or more functional domains in SAP ECC and SAP MDG are required, including aptitude for functional configuration
· Effective analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain processes in consumer business, packaging, automobile, life sciences or energy industry sectors
· Deep customer centric and positive attitude to drive and influence change
· Excellent interpersonal, leadership, verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to lead requirements gathering, future state design and fit-gap analysis workshops with business stakeholders
· Ability to plan, measure and report progress on projects or business initiatives
· Excellent command of spoken and written English
Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required, with concentration in Industrial, Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Information System.
· Minimum of 3 years’ work experience with SAP Master Data Management (MM) and Production Planning (PP) modules
· At least 3 years’ experience with SAP EIM tools such as MDG, NetWeaver MDM, in the capacity of a functional/business analyst
· Minimum 3 Years of experience with reporting and visualization tools such as – SAP BW, Informatica, PowerBI, Tableau
· At least 3 years of experience of using data quality and profiling tool such as information Steward, or Informatica for data profiling, automated data cleansing and proactive management of the quality of the data
· Must have demonstrated abilities to perform functional configuration of master data domains – Production Materials, BOMs, Production Version, MRO, Services, Vendor, Customer, Employee
· Hands-on experience with mass data loading and maintenance tools (e.g. Winshuttle, LSMW) are required
· In depth knowledge of SAP organization structures, metadata management, data dictionary and data structures
· Advanced to expert level knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and MS Project.