Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general. Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us. After you apply to this job posting, we’ll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we’ll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you. Thank you, and we wish you a great job search! Matthew Strassberg
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Jr. to Lead Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails - up to $250k
Location: you could either work remotely or in the company's office in Burlingame, CA.
The company’s product is in the realms of biotech, life sciences and SaaS.
This company is self funding, profitable and is rapidly growing. There are multiple openings for Ruby on Rails engineers from junior to mid-level to senior to lead level.
The company will pay salary up to $250k base salary, profit sharing, and equity which could be lucrative.
- If Lead level, you could be leading about 6 engineers.
- Using Ruby on Rails on the backend and React on the front end.
- Working as a generalist and doing full stack development. The proportion of time on front/backend will vary based on the project and your interest/abilities. Depending on your preference, you could be as much as 90% backend or 90% front end.
- On the infrastructure and security side, security responsibilities are shared throughout the dev team, and all engineers are expected to have security awareness and interest.
- Experience building web applications that elegantly solve complex problems.
- Interest/ability in learning (if necessary) and primarily using Ruby on Rails and React.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience building products in the life sciences industry.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: