*** Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance*** What You'll Do
We are seeking a network consulting engineer experienced supporting Unified Communications (UC) implementations in a large enterprise organization(s), and motivated to work with our most strategic and impactful customers in support of their bold transformation agendas. We are "Cisco's Face to the Customer," working in a dynamic, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments.
As a Network Consulting Engineer who specializes in Cisco UC solutions, you will support our customers with the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Defense Health Agency by supporting the development of complex designs, assisting with the implementation of Cisco leading edge technologies, and providing optimization services to one Cisco's largest customers in the United States. Who You'll Work With
The team is comprised of 12+ engineers, most with one or multiple CCIE certifications. These team members design, architect and support work on critical Federal-owned networks with leading edge Cisco tools and solutions. This team is leading the way in providing dedicated foundational engineering and operations support to a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) customer that expects their networks and data centers to perform at the highest possible levels, utilizing proprietary tools purpose built to ensure the VA's mission success. We work with our customer in getting their infrastructure ready for future architectures and solutions, and assisting them in navigating through proof of concept and introduction of the same.
As a part of this team, you will work directly with our customers and gain hands on experience and exposure into their networks. You will collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact on the lives of Veterans and military service members. We will value your ideas and perspective on how to get things done. You will work on network infrastructures and help to deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and cloud. Who You Are
- You have experience working within complex situations communicating respectfully and professionally, leading the customer to the best-desired outcome. You have good analytic and decision-making skills crafting an environment as a trusted advisor.
- You will provide design recommendations consisting of new features, new applications and software versions to Senior Leadership Teams that advocate for the customers best interest and promote Cisco or have Route/Switch advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: Cisco Routing & Switching Platforms, Datacenter Platforms, IP Routing, Internetworking, MPLS, LAN Switching, Multicast
- Experienced with software and features, examples include: MPLS (L2/L3 VPN) and MPLS-TE, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, inter-as, BNG, carrier Ethernet, Qos, Ipv6
- Lead the projects and engage other team members when required to meet the customer’s needs and providing work as required on time.
- Demonstrated consulting skills and customer facing experience which should include working with the Senior Leadership Team where required and other customer teams.
- Excellent level command of IOS and be able to lead technical discussions about features and functionality of projects and immediately turn that around into reality for the customer.
- CCIE is highly desirable, or demonstrated equivalent experience in Unified Communications or Internet Working and have a CISSSP, or Sec+, CCNA Security or equivalent
- Be willing to travel up to 25%
Must Have Skills:
- Detailed knowledge of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, GRE, IPSec, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of Switching Protocols (VLANs, VTP, STP, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with cli-based configuration (ios, iosXE, iosXR)
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Network test methodology and execution experience
- Test tool configuration and operation (Spirent Test Center or similar, Cisco test tools)
- Test methodology and logical troubleshooting
- Test Plan and Test Report generation
- Be capable to provide high level crisis management through anticipation of issues, problems or events and actively resolving them with the customer and partners
- Have significant experience within an Architecture or Design role having end to end responsibility
- Demonstrate communication, consulting and customer relationship skills to quickly create productive collaborations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to fix technical problems
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired strong performers. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco.