***MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE WITH THE ABILITY TO GET TOP SECRET SCI***
What You’ll Do
The Network Consulting Engineer is responsible for the development, creation and delivery of Advanced Services support to our Public Sector accounts. This highly impactful role drives and performs architectural, design, implementation, and ongoing optimization engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. NCEs work with customers to identify and document their business requirements and map them to technical solutions, enabling mutual success with the design and deployment of best-in-class solutions. This position involves supporting engineering and operations teams for an industry-leading Service Provider.
Who You’ll Work With
- Troubleshoots and resolves highly complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies
- Generates network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex networks; Plans and executes highly complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems; analysis of highly complex network designs
- Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues
- Communicates and explains key concepts and deliverables to the customer’s technical and non-technical staff
The Security CoE brings together experts in the latest developments in network, application, and host security, risk management and compliance, penetration testing, vulnerability management, incident response, and other security domains. You’ll work alongside these experts, as well as with experts in routing & switching, collaboration technologies, cloud, and virtualization technologies. This broad team expands our professional services capabilities in supporting the unified infrastructure, and helps secure the platforms that enable customers to adopt cutting-edge technologies that help them achieve their business objectives. Who You Are
- Minimum of 6-8 years experience in the information and network security industry in addition to a BS in science, engineering, or mathematics (or additional 2 years of experience).
- Experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting network security for enterprise customers (preferably within a datacenter environment)
- Extensive experience in security configuration of network and security devices in a large enterprise environment (routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems)
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco’s Identity Services Engine (ISE), as well as one (1) or more of the following Cisco security technologies: IPS/SourceFire, ASA, CSM, ACS, VPN, FTD, ACI, Trustec, Stealthwatch. The emphasis is on ISE.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as the candidate will be responsible for communication and explanation of key deliverables to the customer.
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc.), MPLS L2/L3 VPNs, Multicast and other related technologies.
- Cisco Certifications (CCIE Written at a minimum)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco. *LI-VL1