** Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance** *** You must live in the LA area or be able to regularly commute to this area *** What You'll Do
The Network Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of Advanced Services Network Optimization, Security, and/or Unified Collaboration services to Cisco's Tier 1 Customers in the US Public Sector market.
Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. Advanced Service NCEs assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. NCEs identify and document network/security design and architecture best practices.
Advanced Services NCEs align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives. On a quarterly basis, NCEs are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. NCEs will provide backup support on other Advanced Services accounts. Engineers will demonstrate and generate applicable technical, standard methodologies, and white papers.
In addition to an NCEs day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other NCEs will be required. NCEs lead the responsibility for driving regional Advanced Services projects and customer based project initiatives. NCEs will actively lead complex network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. NCEs solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies.
Other Objective Included:
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex networking, security, or collaboration problems
- Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve problems and compatibility issues
- You will work with the Virtual Teams
- Provides ad hoc systems/product training
- Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer work
- May act as the technical specialist for complex deployments
Who You'll Work with
Public Sector Advanced Services—This opportunity involves helping to craft the customer's vision for their network and maintain a secure, state of the art environment that is second to none in terms of network up time and reliability. The qualified engineer in this account will be able to have an impact on this Federal Government customer and help them transform to meet their mission
National Security Organization—This is a team of leaders - we provide the leading solutions and architectures to customers - along with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our members work cross-functionally and together to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to insure personal and professional growth.
Who You Are
Our minimum qualifications are the following:
- 5-7 years relevant experience in security engineering
- ISE, FirePower, AMP, SourceFire, StealthWatch, ASAs
- Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE) ® or equivalent skills. (Security)
- Ability to analyze networking services requirements
- In-depth knowledge of designing complex security solutions
- Expertise with Cisco software features and functionality
- Experienced with implementing security solutions
- Comprehensive understanding of all IP protocols
- Ability to conduct training and one to one mentoring concerning security technology
- Typically requires BS, CS, University degree or equivalent plus 8+ years’ experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Expertise in Security
- Security CCIE preferred
- Typically requires BS, CS, University degree or equivalent 8+ years’ experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment
- Advanced degree strongly preferred
A t Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco