Your Opportunity About Schwab
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future. Schwab User Experience:
Charles Schwab User Experience and Design
is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers and researchers. We work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users.
Our business is driven by looking through our clients' eyes, which makes it a great place to practice user-centered design. Our purpose is designing tools and experiences that enable users to achieve their financial goals. Our Opportunity: We are seeking a best-in-class Senior UX designer for our mobile design team
. The ideal candidate will be a UX/UI Hybrid Designer. You will be working on our highly ranked mobile apps for both iOS and Android. You will help craft next generation experiences that will lead in the fintech mobile space.
Workplace Flexibility Program:
- Craft UX strategies for the next generation experiences that lead the mobile space.
- Work with the UX Leadership team to think holistically across the connected experience for Schwab customers.
- You will partner with leadership for the responsive web, Chat/Intelligent Assistant, Product Management, our dev partners, and the Schwab design system team.
- You are a systems thinker and who understands how to leverage existing interaction patterns and innovate where it adds the most value. You are proficient with iOS patterns and trends.
- You will consult with other design teams to elevate native design standards and to bridge the experience between web and mobile, utilizing the underlying OS patterns where it creates efficiencies but know when to create signature experiences that span across the product family.
- You understand design systems, how to apply them, and how to contribute to them.
- You focus on outcomes and how to get things done within a large company. You understand leading through influence.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, but you drive towards clarity and purpose.
We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference *
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and sometime in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees. What you are good at In addition to the requirements above, you'll do:
- Facilitate collaborative design sessions including design thinking workshops, sketching and ideation.
- Lead design reviews and drive decisions.
- Effectively "sell" design solutions to partners through design storytelling and by demonstrating trace-ability in the design thinking.
- Represent the design team brand, and deliver a consistent design process to partners.
- Understand great designs are achieved iteratively.
- Visualize ideas in a clear form (sketch, diagram, wireframe or prototype) and provide appropriate level documentation.
- Set expectations with the project team and prioritize activities.
- Create and maintain design schedules.
- Communicate status and agreements with project team.
- Review work with UX managers, keep them updated on project status and escalate items appropriately.
- Coordinate with the UX Research team on usability testing, heuristic reviews, ethnography studies and ensuring that our design decisions are based on data.
Design Expertise and Execution
- Maintain the high standards set by the group.
- Conduct the primary design activities, create deliverables and conduct QA at an expert level.
- Participate and support research efforts.
- Commit to improving our process and methods with an emphasis on both effectiveness and efficiency.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
- Work well with all partners to deliver work.
- Support UX team members.
- Strategically listen to feedback and help guide the delivery
- Collaborative and cooperative.
- Has a design position but is not rigidly fixed when presented with new information.
- Passionate about team, our mission and the needs of our partners and users.
- Enthusiastic about UX design.
Empathy & Curiosity
Why your work matters:
- Understand user needs, walking in their shoes when possible.
- Focus on innovation and improvement.
- Regularly learns more about design theory, practice and tools.
What you have
- You will support an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives
- By researching and understanding the user needs you will be able to impact how our users do business with Schwab.
- You will learn how to balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible platform which serves millions of advisors and retail customers.
- You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment
Why work for us?
- 5+ years of rich interaction design focused on digital products.
- Web and mobile experience: iOS, Android, responsive web.
- Current mobile design work, preferably from prominent companies.
- An online portfolio demonstrating interaction design process and thinking
- Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
- Ideally, a degree in a relevant field: HCI, UX, Interaction design, graphic design, or some combination of Interaction and Visual Design.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology.
- Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners, and capable of managing your project schedules.
- Proficient in design tools like Sketch and nvision.
- Experience running design sessions with cross-functional teams
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
- Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic.
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.