Boutique software development firm is looking for a highly motivated mid-level individual to work as a mobile app developer. At least one app on either the iTunes App Store or the Android Marketplace is a must.
Must be willing to work on-site in their Rockland County, New York office as needed (probably one or fewer times per week), so roughly 80%-90% remote.
They are located near the Palisades Mall off of I-87/287, there is no public transportation.
Must be able to understand all aspects of a typical business. They have all varieties of clients and need strong business skills.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Development of mobile iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad) based apps OR Android based apps.
- Deal with clients data, feeds and designs.
- Co-operation with other development team members (e.g. Project manager, Web programmers, graphic designers, and authors, quality assurance) in the production of a finished product.
- Ability to work on project without detailed instructions; taking the initiative with this job is important.
- On-going maintenance of existing projects.
- Android developer will also Port many of their 100+ iPhone apps to Android
- Excellent knowledge of the Apple iOS SDK or Android SDK
- Knowledge of XML and JSON a requirement
- Knowledge of SqlLite and a working experience in SQL databases
- Coding standards, organizational programming skills and good commenting practices is important