Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: 12 months with possible extension
Role and Responsibilities
· Assist customer team in the integration of new 5G sites
· Provision/Commission transport equipment with parameters provided by Cisco CX Engineering
· Troubleshoot network connectivity issues between the core and cell-site routers and their configuration.
· Support the Dish War Room Team and their partners by answering questions on the Cisco equipment, assisting during trouble shooting, and identifying root cause.
· Generate periodic reports on equipment deployed to determine performance
· Manage post migration issues, including issue resolution and rescheduling the event.
· Additional responsibilities would require running reports, tracking escalations and other key performance indicators.
· Execute the test scripts developed by Cisco CX Engineering Architects and ensure compliance of test cases with the carrier requirements.
· 2 to 5 years of experience in a technical role
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering
· Telecommunications Industry certifications (i.e., Cisco, Nokia, Juniper)
· Familiarity with Unix/Linux, VMs, modern scripting languages
· Experience in data communications and networking standards (e.g., MEF, ANSI, IETF, IEEE)
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Networking, cloud, and virtualization concepts
· Backup and recovery concepts