Sr. Software Security Researcher - AppSec, DynamicJob Description:LOCATION IS...Planet EARTH, or somewhere else with a solid net connection.
Micro Focus Fortify is seeking an experienced, energetic, self-driven enterprise Software Security Researcher with a background in Computer Science/Engineering who understands that security is more than firewalls and encryption. Software security is becoming a bigger concern as more and more organizations are experiencing embarrassing public incidents with large losses of data. We're looking for people to:
- Expand the security content and capabilities of Micro Focus Fortify Products
- Improve Fortify's ability to communicate with and educate customers about security issues
- Follow trends in software security and assess their significance
- Investigate and implement techniques for exploiting security vulnerabilities
- Discover new methods for automatic identification of vulnerabilities
- Extract the essence of known vulnerabilities to shape products of the future
- Identify new vulnerabilities in open source projects and customer code
The Software Security Research (SSR) team specializes in approaching security from the perspective of how we build and use software. SSR is responsible for conducting security research which leads to enhanced security products as well as contributions to the Micro Focus Security Research Blog, whitepapers, conference presentations, and annual Cyber Risk Report.
SSR in the past has identified new types of software vulnerabilities, defined the taxonomy used by all Fortify products and highlighted broad security problems in development practices. The team regularly speaks about these topics at major industry conferences, such as RSA, BlackHat, DefCon, and OWASP APPSEC.
In addition, the SSR team is responsible for quarterly releases of security content for Enterprise Security Fortify products (Static Code Analyzer, WebInspect, Fortify on Demand, Application Defender, and Software Security Center Server).These updates expand the types of issues detected and platforms and libraries supported. Content updates are driven by customer needs and the SSR team's broader research agenda, allowing the Fortify products to keep up with a rapidly evolving development and security landscape. Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
- Strong communication and analytic skills
- Must have working knowledge of web application development technologies e.g. HTTP(S), HTML5, Java, ASP.NET, PHP, Apache Web Server, IIS etc.
- Familiarity with the .NET framework with proficiency in C#
- Working knowledge of tools such as Web Proxy, Wireshark etc.
- Working knowledge of common security software flaws
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, SSL protocols, and cipher suites
- Familiarity with Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE) and Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE)
- Knowledge of industry standards e.g. NIST 800-53 and DISA-STIG is a plus
- Previous experience with pentesting (especially using Fortify products)
- Previous experience working in a large enterprise software development environment
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status