Bering Global Solutions, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is currently seeking a qualified Proposal Manager/Writer to support various teams around the country. This position can be 100% work from home with the possibility of travel and the candidate can work anywhere in the United States.
The ideal candidate is a direct report to the EC Operations team, but will work closely with our corporate proposal / business development departments. The primary duty is to manage, organize, write, and produce proposals and responses to Requests for Information and Sources Soughts, presentations, and other business support material. This is a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment that requires a high degree of accuracy and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple proposal submittals simultaneously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages business development submissions to include responses to Sources Sought and Requests for Information, briefings, proposals, evaluation notices, and final proposals.
- Manages multiple proposals, leading proposal resource personnel to include subject matter experts, writers, graphic artists, editors, reviewers, teaming partner participants, and production personnel in the development of the proposal.
- Interfaces with Government Contracting Officials regarding solicitation questions, processes, submittals, negotiations, awards, and debriefs.
- Coordinates non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and Teaming Arrangements (TAs) with the Contracts staff.
- Thoroughly reviews solicitation to develop Proposal Management Plan, to include outlines, compliance matrices, schedules, proposal contact list, questions format, and volume templates.
- Directs planning, writing, editing, graphics development, reviews, production, and shipping of assigned proposals.
- Schedules and directs data calls, status meetings, and Pink/Red/Gold teams as appropriate.
- Coordinates and participates in proposal strategy development and directs the process of integrating and capturing the bid strategy in the proposal.
- Is hands on with document development, including formatting; writing; editing; development of graphics, tables, covers and tabs; and proposal production and shipping.
- Writes cover letters, executive summaries, resumes, and position descriptions, technical sections, past performance volumes, management plans, contract fact sheets, and Sources Sought and Request for Information responses.
- Coordinates and develops responses to prime contractor data calls.
- Facilitates the synchronization of technical and cost by working closely with cost developers to match technical volume organizational, staffing, and equipment/material narratives with the price proposal.
- Leads organization of the cost volume, by completing required forms, and gathering required DCAA contact, Accounting System, Small Business and Financial status, and Teaming documents, along with other cost volume requirements. Assists the cost staff with editing of pricing narratives and formatting and organization of the cost volume spreadsheets.
- Works with other proposal staff as a team, assisting in a supporting role on projects assigned to others when needed.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- BA/BS in Communications, Marketing, English, or Journalism.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and practices associated with proposal development in a Government contracting environment.
- Technical writing expertise required and graphic design ability a plus.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills as well as excellent oral, written communication, and time management skills.
- Must be analytical with attention to detail, task-oriented, self-motivated and have the inherent ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines and work as a team member.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite Programs: Word, PowerPoint, and Visio; have a working knowledge of Excel and Project; and have experience with Desktop Publishing.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience managing proposals in a large-proposal Government contracting environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of personnel management, leadership, motivation, supervision, conflict management, and implementation of company-wide policies & procedures.
- Strong technical writing skills and working knowledge of the administrative research techniques and methods of informative report preparation.
- Working knowledge of project organization, coordination, management, and controls.
- Able to analyze problems quickly and accurately and adopt effective courses of action.
- Demonstrates exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with Customers, Consultants, Teaming Partners, Fellow Staff, and Senior Management.
- Ability to review or check the work products of others to ensure conformance to standards.
- Ability to travel as workload and schedule demands.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.