Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical/Electrical Engineer interested in wire harness design. This position requires a professional with strong skills in CAD and a desire in packaging wire harnesses and electronic modules. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Design low voltage wire harness system working alongside system architects.
- Develop and design wire harness models in 3D CAD.
- Conduct in-depth design reviews of 3D Harness Models with lead engineers of all domains.
- Integrate 2D drawing data into 3D CAD work-space.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and change release process
- Collaborate with Suppliers to optimize harness design and packaging
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electromechanical Engineering preferred).
- 4+ years' experience with wire harness routing and packaging with OEM and/or tier 1/2 supplier.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Electrical/Electronic Unit / chassis, Boby-In-White, vehicle systems such ABS, Lighting, Adaptive Cruise Control, Power Train, etc and components.
- Experience using one of the following software systems or similar: L-Dorado; VeSys; Zuken E3; Capital-H; Creo CADDS 5, AutoCAD-electrical to create wire harness drawings
- Experience creating routing and packaging proposals and engineering studies for wire harness
- Experience creating and driving across the finish line Engineering Change Request (ECR) packages or similar process like ECN, etc
- Some travel required to Supplier and Corporate Engine/Transmission / Body-in-White/ Vehicle Assembly Plants -- including Canada & Mexico.
- Master's degree preferred
- Proven experience with CATIA V6
- Knowledge of automotive wire harness engineering and tools and methods such as DVP, DFMEA, DFSS, Capital-H, ELdorado, VESys, Zuken. Would prefer working experience for all these tools
- Green/black belt
- CAE experiences on Electrical/Electronic Unit structure
- Hands-on involvement in the repair/modification of a vehicle, home or other technically complex project
- Proven experience with enterprise Systems such JIRA cloud collaboration platform, SharePoint and Confluence a big plus
- Use innovation and creativity to resolve design issues that appear intractable because of conflicting design constraints and therefore competing interests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience working in a high pressure environment and remaining calm a huge plus
- Detail oriented is a huge plus
- BS Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Automotive Engineering or similar
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.