Premier, fortune 500 Professional Services company is seeking a highly technical Network Deployment Engineer, to sit between engineering and operations with front to back responsibility for deployments and supporting data center build outs.
Role will involve domestic travel for deployments and build out averaging no more than 25% of the time.
Otherwise, position needs to be based in the Ashburn, VA area but will be almost entirely remote / work from home.
Job description and details
What can you expect?
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies and challenging projects,
- Deliver new network solutions and services ranging from medium to extra-large sized, business-critical and strategic projects that have significant technical and logistical requirements.
- Act as project owner for all Network Operations deliverables
What is in it for you?
- Work with hard-working team members in an atmosphere that encourages the expression of ideas, which will contribute to our clients’ and to the company’s success.
- Fun and engaging work environment built on team unity
- Paid Time Off for the things you love to do
- Training to help advance your skills for career development
- We are excited to offer the following benefits to all of our colleagues: - Health and Welfare benefits - Tuition assistance - 401K and other retirement savings programs - Employee assistance programs – physical, mental and financial
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Designs enterprise solutions for iterative projects using engineering standards and best practices. Produces relevant design documentation.
- Develops a comprehensive implementation approach and playbooks for bringing solutions and/or services into production.
- Performs all pre-configuration, pre-production testing, POC & Pilot activities.
- Deploys solution infrastructure according to defined rack elevations, providing the necessary network cabling/connectivity.
- Completes any configurations needed to bring the infrastructure or service live into the production environment.
- Conducts all required testing, document results, and provides production certification.
- Updates documentation to reflect “as-built” design. Conducts review meeting and operational turnover with the operations teams.
- Organizes end user training where needed.
- Changes management processing.
- Monitors Incidents queues: troubleshoot and complete or assign tickets as required.
- Performs tier-III or deep-dive analysis to identify root cause for all elusive issues.
- Takes over responsibility to track and resolve issues/incidents that are chronic and/or persisting in the environment. Engages outside suppliers/vendors for assistance with resolution where appropriate.
- Assists with Level-3 incident management.
- Assists the operations teams with technical troubleshooting and on-site/hands-on support (where applicable) during major incidents and outages.
- Provides Cross-Team/Cross-Tower support.
- Provides technical, resource, and support to other MGTI towers as requested.
- Obtains quotes, negotiates pricing, and submits orders into the requisitioning system.
- Tracks expenditures against budget.
- Provides input to the annual budgeting process by submitting project budget proposals with projected costs.
- Provides cost allocations to finance.
- Develops remediation plans for issues & risks, escalating to PMO when appropriate.
- Manages operational ticketing queues: changes, incidents, problems and service requests.
- Provides status on Telecom deliverables.
- Manages internal team/peer resources with deliverables supporting delivery.
- Manages external resources that are dependencies.
- Follows best practice project management including approach, certification, back out strategies and approvals.
We would like you to have:
- 5-7years of experience
- Significant Cisco experience is required,
- Experience with branch deployments, environment build outs
- Experience with large enterprises deployments is preferred including retail environment
- Flexible with working night shifts
- Ability to travel