The College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Virginia is currently seeking an Information Technology Support Specialist 3 to join the Arts and Sciences Computing Services team. This position provides technical computing support for faculty and staff in several language departments within the College. The Information Technology Support Specialist 3 position supports Macs and Windows computers.
- Install, configure and deploy MacOS and Windows computer using imaging and management tools (SCCM, FileWave, Munki, MDT, etc.)
- Provide high level technical support for the assigned departments, including desktop, software and hardware support. Troubleshoot issues and communicate solutions to users in a timely manner
- Ensure that devices are maintained in a secure manner, including software and hardware updates as well as security configurations.
- Interface with university IT services on behalf of users to resolve issues
- Maintain accurate documentation for each department assigned
- Assist other ASCS team members when required
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years of experience required. Seven years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Excellent customer communications skills and the ability to work with a wide range of computer skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose and resolve issues related to software, hardware and network issues.
- Knowledge of hardware and software technologies commonly used within a higher education environment on both the MacOS and Windows platforms
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to acquire and master new skills and technologies
For additional information about the position, please contact Tim Wilkinson, IT Supervisor, at
This position is located in Charlottesville, VA. Potential for hybrid work environment depending on performance and needs of the department.
This is an exempt level, benefited position. For more information on the benefits at UVA, visit hr.virginia.edu/benefits.
This position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin June 2, 2022. This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. The university will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physicians Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.