Advanced Manufacturing. Engineer - Charlotte, NCMake Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 56,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, you'll be part of our Global Tools & Storage group located in Charlotte, NC. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Experience with implementation if ideas/concepts in manufacturing settings
- Identify & Implement Pilot Scale Manufacturing Processes elated to new product introduction
- Generate 3D models in CAD (ProE, SolidWorks)
- Build proof-of-concept pilot lines
- Scale Up & investment estimates for the project to the mfg./product teams
- Outline project schedule and manage projects according to schedule and requirements
- Create engineering documentation for the projects including Product Performance Specifications, Test Requests, FMEA, Safety Reviews, etc.
What You'll Receive
- An openness to relocate if not presently located in this area
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience in product design and development
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience
- Proven track record of leadership to other engineers and cross functional teams
- 3-D CAD/CAE exposure and Pro/Engineer preferred
- Proficiency with machine shop equipment and prototyping techniques
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.