10575 - Application / Solution Architect – Fountain Valley, CA
This position is responsible for creating Connected Car platform architecture, application architecture, interface and service design, and overall detailed design of the core Connected Car system. Architecting the new system with cutting edge technologies and highly available/scalable infrastructure. Designing and development for Connected Car Applications partnering with the product owner, scrum master, technical analysts, 3rd party app developers in guiding the scrum team in all aspects of Connected Car Application delivery, from requirements through deployment and operation. Identifying the existing system performance bottlenecks, improvement areas and proposing solutions
- Oversee the design, development and operations of the Connected Car System to meet performance, scalability, extensibility and maintainability requirements.
- Describing the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of software to project stakeholders.
- Work closely with technical stakeholders to translate requirements into high quality, timely deliverables. Contribute as a strong hands-on technical member in project development and delivery activities.
- Manage projects acting as a technical advisor to external parties such as clients and partners
- Evaluate the existing system and work with business and technical members to recommend solutions results in more effective systems
- Evaluate the cutting edge technologies to Identify the right technology-stack, platforms and frameworks to solve the existing problems or new requirements.
- Forecasting the system availability/capacity requirements based on the current business trends and available metrics.
- Take the lead and acquire full responsibilities of new initiatives and meet the requirements of the deliverables.
- Jump into incidents or problems and provide the guidance/solutions and keep the stake holders update with respect to technical standpoint.
- Risk analysis (load/storage/bandwidth/cost) with respect to new implementation and change requirements.
- Deriving development strategies for new/upgrade projects.
- Propose technical architecture for new initiatives involving Internet of Things (IoT), data analytics, and cloud.
- Establish and lead an Architecture Review Process that ensures essential artifacts are created and reviewed with stakeholders.
- Supervise and review deliverables from Architects, technical team members and vendors.
- Work with DevOps and system administrators to create CI/CD capabilities and pipelines.
- Research new technologies that enhance current Connected Car System and delivery of new projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 12 + years of overall experience in development, design and architecture with Java, J2EE and .NET and database technologies.
- 8+ years of experience in Java and J2EE technologies, including 2+ years of strong experience in Java 8+ and Spring 5, and 2+ years of Reactive & Angular programming exposure
- 3+ years of experience building distributed / service oriented / micro-service style and cloud based application architectures.
- 3+ years of experience in Agile methodology.
- Experience in architecting and overseeing the design of highly available systems that are capable of supporting millions of transactions per day.
- Perform Architecture Feasibility Study and create essential architectural artifacts (UML diagrams, infrastructure layouts, interface designs/catalogs).
- Good amount of knowledge and experience in Weblogic, Tomcat and Various Development tools, like Eclipse, SQL developer, Angular, Android, Node tools.
- Knowledge of application monitoring systems like App Dynamics, Dyna trace, Solar wind
- IoT basic understanding and configuration skills.
- Good knowledge of Network/load balance layer and infrastructure.
- High-level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Able to capture and communicate the “big picture” to management and stakeholders and the ability to drill down into technical specifics during project delivery.
- Able to influence technical teams and arrive at consensus for technical issues
- Exhibit appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals.
- Experience in migrating and upgrading solutions across platforms and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and determine root cause of software and system failures.
- Experience in data architecture and modeling of analytical systems using Apache Hadoop and MongoDB, No-SQL technologies, highly desirable.
Nice to haves
- Experience in cloud technologies and platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.), preferred
- Experience in container and resource management technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Apache Mesos), a plus
- Java EE Enterprise Architect / Certified SOA Architect / AWS certified Solution Architect, preferred