Technical Project Manager II
Salt Lake City, UT / Richardson, TX / Dulles, VA
12 months plus possible extension or perm
Remote for the foreseeable future
The PMO team provides the Planning and execution frameworks, including the processes, practices necessary to successfully structure and deliver projects and programs to meet strategic priorities across the business.
We are looking for a Contractor Technical Project Manager with a passion for building resilient, secure, highly available services at scale leading with a Transformational Leadership mindset and looking for complex challenges to solve.
The agile project manager will serve as a process coach for several concurrent agile development teams.
The role is a process coach within agile teams and supporting Program management efforts for Portfolio/ Program level OKR’s. Along with driving adherence to agile values, principles, best practices and standards and organizing teams to execute on delivery and improve velocity.
The project manager owns radiating team information and notifying the rest of the organization of the team’s progress against quarterly goals & objectives as well as anticipating and removing risks, blockers and impediments.
- Serve as the Program Manager/ ScrumMaster/ Kanban Process owner across a group of development teams aligned across value streams
- Initiate, plan , drive and deliver effective programs in partnership with cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the programs are communicated, supported and delivered to the highest standards
- Partner with Engineering and Product Development leadership and teams to grow Core PMO Skill application and promote Operational discipline and manage large Programs and Projects
- Act as a servant-leader and process coach to your teams, helping them reach higher levels of agile adoption
- Breakdown large complex projects and programs into milestones and develop functional specifications and create Schedules, Reports and timely execution of the deliverables
- Facilitate decision-making and communication between the team, product owner and organizational leadership
- Develop and sustain strong working relationships with cross functional partners both internal and external globally across - operations, product, engineering, PMO, TechOps, Security , vendors, etc.
- Work to anticipate and quickly remove blockers and impediments to your teams’ progress
- Work closely with other members of the PMO to track and balance inter-team dependencies to avoid blockers and impediments related to cross-functional work
- Influence continuous improvement of both your teams methodologies and PMO processes
- Work with engineering to estimate effort-levels for product requirements and provide resourcing requirements.
- Regularly assess risks and opportunities; understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity
No Sub-Contract, Third Parties or Corp to Corp arrangements! W2 only!
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship will be considered. We are unable to sponsor at this time.