IT OPERATIONS ANALYST
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Under the direction of the Information Technology Manager, the Operational Technology Analyst will:
- Install, configure, and maintain operational technology or systems supporting an assigned business unit or functional area.
- Responsible for collecting business requirements and developing functional specifications.
- Configure or re-engineer processes, systems, hardware, or software to meet business needs, oversee implementation, and provide post-implementation end-user support and maintenance.
- May be responsible for requisitioning hardware/software or tracking assets for the assigned unit.
- Ensure the availability and accuracy of Operational Technology systems per business needs. Operational Technology systems include, but are not limited to:
- Smart Metering for water systems
- SCADA & Field Control Systems for water/wastewater systems
- Locally produced, low-code business applications (i.e. Microsoft Power Apps)
- Business process documentation
- Support the OT Data Management, Analytics, and Reporting strategy, as determined by the Information Technology Manager.
- Travel to field sites for troubleshooting and repair activities involving OT systems, as necessary.
- Participate as a team member for significant efforts that involve cross-functional collaboration.
- Track, document, and report on the progress of projects as well as day-to-day activities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Required: BA/BS preferred. AAS with a technical degree may be considered. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or Information Technology a plus.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in critical operational roles, or 2+ years with a technical degree (or military training in lieu of), that demonstrate the following:
- Familiarity with basic electrical, mechanical, and fluid system concepts
- Familiarity with data analytics and reporting concepts