Delta's IT department is undergoing a transformation to change the way we do business from top to bottom. We strive to build innovative solutions that deliver impact to our customers. As we grow, we seek new team members eager to collaborate and advance our mission of becoming a best-in-class IT organization at the world's premier airline!
Software Development Engineers build code by using core agile practices such as "keep it simple," test-driven development (TDD), continuous integration, polyglot programming, and microservice design. A SDE focuses on designing and implementing modernized specialized business applications, deploying to development, test, staging, and production.
The Software Development Engineer - TechOps Technology Solutions (TTS) will be responsible for designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging new and existing software within the TTS suite of applications. The Software Development Engineer must have a strong understanding of user and process requirements and the ability to ensure those requirements can be achieved through quality deliverables.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Designing, prototyping and demonstrating new features and components of front-end and back-end to users to ensure compliance with requirements
- Assisting in the design, implementation and optimization of related approaches, tools and workflows.
- Collaborate with the technical teams, business teams, and product managers to ensure that the code that is developed meets their vision.
- Develop solutions to meet functional and technical requirements.
- Align to Security/Compliance frameworks and controls requirements.
- Own quality posture. Write automated tests, ideally before writing code.
- Write code.
- Develop delivery pipelines and automated deployment scripts.
- Configure services, such as databases and monitoring.
- Implement Service Reliability Engineering.
- Fix problems from the development phase through the production phase, which requires being on call for production support.
- This role can sit in Atlanta, GA or Minneapolis, MN locations
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- 3 to 5 years of experience with software development, hands-on troubleshooting, and deployment
- Authoritative knowledge and experience with PHP
- Knowledge of full-stack Cloud-native development, RESTful APIs, and serverless microservices
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps: Git, Jenkins, and/or Ansible
- Knowledge and experience with MySQL or a similar relational database platform
- Knowledge of Microservices.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development, data structures, and algorithms
- Working data modeling skills both for SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Must have the ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal
- Embraces Diverse people, thinking, and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- High School diploma, GED or High School Equivalency.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field.
- Knowledge and experience with the Travel Industry
- Knowledge of Cucumber or Jest
- Knowledge and Experience of Caching Frameworks (IBM ExtremeScale, JBoss Datagrid, Redis)
- Knowledge and/or experience with messaging solutions such as ActiveMQ or Kafka.
- Experience in working with test management and agile management tools such as VersionOne, qTest etc.
A career at Delta not only gives you a chance to see the world, we provide excellent benefits to help you keep climbing along the way!
- Competitive salary, industry leading profit sharing and 401(k) with generous direct contribution and company match
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life benefits
- A detailed wellness plan that recognizes the importance physical, emotional, financial and social wellbeing
- Domestic and International flight privileges