TheUX/UIManageris responsible for the product/solution planning and execution of the product user experience and user interface throughout the product offering and lifecycle. This position identifies and evaluate user issues and concerns to incorporate the needs of users and usability best practices into application design. This position manages and implements the following activities: user research, plans & conducts usability evaluations, develops information architectures, requirements documentations and create user interface prototypes for usability solutions, gathers and prioritizes solution and customer requirements, defines the solution's user experience and interface vision, and works closely with product owners and engineering, sales, and marketing.
Financial ResponsibilityOwn the User Experience / User Interface for the inContact solution across all user interfaces working closely with customers, Product Owners, Engineering, and management.Lead the strategic planning to tactical activities of User Experience / Interface Design across the different product offerings.Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.Drive user experience and interface design techniques and direction for the solution set across development teams.Build Usability into internal cultureMaintain user experience best practices including testing materials, usability test plans, conduct and host internal and external usability testing, full usability analysis, prioritize user experience & interface activities for the team, be the subject matter expert with respect to usability, etc.Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the Operations department's goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.Responsible for recruiting, hiring and firing for the department.Define the UX/UI solution strategy, backlog and roadmap and communicate them internally.Be a subject matter expert with respect to the solutions portfolio.Act as a leader within the company.Possible travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America.Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 8+ years of systems analytics experience with a focus on formal usability techniques, tools, and principles involved in planning and delivering software products and services.
- 2+ years experience managing high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, work with a heightened sense of urgency and ability drive UAT initiatives and broad Scrum team to strategic conclusions.
- Ability to personally interact with customers, sales, management, and technical engineering resources, adjusting communications to the situation and successfully understanding and communicating product capabilities and priorities to each audience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English including vocabulary, spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Ability to read and understanding technical information well enough to convey in original written communications to multiple audiences, including Engineering.
- Ability to personally interact with business and technical resources while listening carefully, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions where appropriate.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Experience with project management and project communication techniques and tools.
- This includes alternative ways to inform via written, oral, and visual media.
- Agile methodology / UAT methodology experience
- Contact center experience with multi-channel routing and IVR/Self Service.
- Advanced degree in Business, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology or ergonomics.