Our client is the global leader in mobile, cloud- based access control for commercial/ residential real estate. In fact, not only are they the leader, but they actually pioneered the category back in the day and have continued to grow and develop, consistently putting them at the forefront of access control solutions. Their mission is to protect lives, assets, and facilities with the best products and services, from people who are passionate about quality.
As the Lead Data Engineer, you will lead a team to architect and operate a big data platform that is real-time, stable, and scalable to support data analytics, reporting, data visualization and machine learning. You will help to build the Data Engineering team, mentor and motivate team members on cutting edge big data technology and best practice.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of work experience with a combination of data modeling, ETL and database operations
- 3+ years of experience working on data warehouses such as Snowflake
- 3+ years of experience operating production workloads on PostgreSQL(preferred), MySQL databases
- 3+ years of experience with open source technologies (Spark, Kafka, Presto, Hive, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in architecting and building scalable data platforms processing data on a terabyte or petabyte scale
- 3+ years experience managing ETL pipelines with tools such as Fivetran, Airflow, Talend, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS - EMR, Athena, Lambda, Kinesis, S3, EC2
- Experience leading teams of 3+ engineers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in real-time analytics applications.
- Experience in both batch and stream processing technologies, Java or Scala
- Machine learning experience with Spark or similar
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- 20% Leadership Responsibilities
You will receive the following benefits:
**Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.**
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) plus match
- Paid family leave
- Fitness/Wellness Subscription Reimbursement