The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The Systems Engineering Division (SED) provides unmatched experience in systems engineering to the U.S. government and to numerous public and private agencies, universities, nonprofit organizations, consortia, and commercial companies involved in the advanced application of space technology. From systems architecture development to system analysis and optimization, astrodynamics, orbital debris, navigation, failure analysis, mission assurance, cost and schedule assessment, and economic market analysis, SED exploits an incredibly broad array of engineering and business disciplines against a diverse and dynamic portfolio of programs and national challenges.
Systems Integration and Test Office, part of SED, supports all program phases beginning with pre-contract assistance with concepts of operation, integration planning and system test planning, design and development activities followed by build, integration, verification, and transition to operations events. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and reviewing system functional, performance, and operationally relevant test programs for internal and external customers.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Provide systems engineering and integration expertise in defining and developing a mission
- Provide direct integration support to programs in all phases of the acquisition life cycle through Launch and Initialization and Operations.
- Provide assistance with acquisition support to new programs, and updates to existing programs
- Provide assistance with high-level and detailed test planning, architecture, design, execution, data evaluation, anomalies, and risk assessment for operationally realistic and system performance testing.
- Provide assistance with the requirements for engineering models, simulations, testbeds, and special test equipment for all organizations involved with system testing.
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's degree and typically 8 or more years of related systems engineering experience
- Ability to establish verifiable requirements and ensure the appropriate use of test as a verification and validation technique for programs
- Ability to verify design for testability during the design phase
- Develop of Test and Evaluation (T&E) related tracking tools.
- Provide T&E training and tutorials for internal Aerospace staff and for technical workshops and assist in developing T&E guidance, standards, and command media for SMC programs.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and strong interpersonal skills required for interacting with Aerospace peers, internal and external customers, and contractor representatives.
- Demonstrated the ability to clearly define technical tasks, form and lead technical teams
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Knowledge of both SMC and NRO customers
- Knowledge of Launch and Missile operation
- Familiarity with Model-based systems engineering (MBSE)
- Familiarity with NASA Operations and Standards
- Familiarity with National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
- Familiarity with Human Systems Integration
- Current DoD Secret clearance
- Current and active TS/SCI
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation. Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .