Job#: 1240948 Job Description:
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
For applicants who are interested in this opportunity; please send a Word resume to Alexa Whalen, Professional Recruiter, at
.Position: DevOps Tech LeadLocation: RemoteRate: Negotiable based on experienceDuration: 12+ MonthsProject/Role:
Client has a current monorepo pipeline that supports several different teams, all on-premise right now, implemented in Jenkins. Migrating to new Jenkins server in the cloud. Pipelines need to be modified, ported and re-written to work in the cloud instance.
-Packaging and deploying Node/Angular applications
-Developing and driving best practices within teamMust Haves:
Strong experience in Jenkins pipelines and Groovy required. Experience standing up repository and pipelines, optimizing pipelines, quality control and monitoring efficienciesNice to Haves
: NPM, Git, Shell scripting, NX Cloud and tooling, but AWS is okay, experience working with monorepos nice to have.Background
- 7 or more years of experience in a DevOps/Engineering role.
- Experience with automated application build and support using Maven, Gradle or other build tools
- Experience writing Python, Groovy, go and Bash scripts.
- Experience with performing version control and continuous integration of build, deploy, and test, using tools like Jenkins, Stash, Concourse and uDeploy.
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure management systems like Ansible, Chef, Docker, CloudFormation.
- Experience with container orchestration technologies like Docker. LWC and containerization orchestration tools like ECS, AKS, EKS preferred.
- Experience with monitoring systems such as CloudWatch, Datadog/Splunk, ELK stack.
- Basic knowledge of open source platforms (Apache, Tomcat etc.).
- Experience with Cloud technologies with cloud providers AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud Devops services such as IAM, VPC, ECS, Lambda, RDS.
- Have a working knowledge of databases, SQL and NOSQL (MongoDB/CouchDB/DynamoDB).
- Experience with configuring and installing Mem Cached databases like Redis.
- Experience with streaming platforms like Kafka preferred.
- Some experience with Front-end (React JS) and Back-end (NodeJS, Java, Spring) experience.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Work with internal Fidelity release groups to setup and maintain Non-Prod and Production environments infrastructure and CI/CD efforts.
- Seek out opportunities to develop and improve existing automation processes.
- Supervise the health of our production applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug CI/CD issues, with a willingness to resolve problems.
- Collect and report on operational metrics for SLA reporting and capacity planning.
- Collaborate with other groups by seeking, using and giving feedback.
- Strong grasp of Unix-based operating processing systems (Linux).
- Strong containerization technologies experience in hybrid cloud platforms.
- Strong experience with IAAC tools is a plus.
- Cloud and Infrastructure experience is a strong plus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at