GDC IT Solutions is currently seeking a Site Reliability Engineer
in the Lancaster, PA
area. This role can be remote anywhere in the continental US. Position Overview
A typical workday might include testing a change to our Ansible playbooks, writing code in Golang or Python to implement a new feature in an internal tool, doing code review for changes made by other engineers, or deploying any of the above to our production environment. We're always willing to experiment with new approaches and new technologies. We maintain a steady cadence of small changes. We value sound design principles and encourage review and discussion among the team to ensure that problems and projects are examined from all angles. Responsibilities
- Ensure service uptime and performance.
- Design and implement for automation, observability, and growth.
- Configure new service infrastructure and upgrade existing services.
- Help other departments leverage our shared services including centralized logging, monitoring, and CI/CD services.
- Research new technology and run experiments to overcome issues and plan for future demand.
- Understand and can diagnose problems across the entire stack: network, server, operating system, and application.
- Have programming experience in one or more development language.
- Have used configuration management tools to deploy and maintain services (Chef, Ansible, Salt, or others).
- Enjoy working with a team to accomplish interesting technical feats.
What We Do:
GDC is a full-service IT Staffing and Solutions company specializing in the areas of IT talent placement, application development, multilingual service desk, networking and infrastructure, business intelligence, and project management.Why Work for GDC?
- Cutting Edge Technology and Innovation
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee-Centric Environment
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
GDC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.Visit our Career Center for the latest employment opportunities.#DICE