Who are we?
For the past 20 years, we have powered many Digital Experiences for the Fortune 500. Since 1999, we have grown from a few people to more than 4000 team members across the globe that are engaged in various Digital Modernization. For a brief 1 minute video about us, you can check https://youtu.be/uJWBWQZEA6o.
What are we looking for?
• Manage and support the SAS Grid application 9.4
• Install and configure patches, hot-fixes, and new releases
• Check the status and operations of SAS servers, including starting, stopping,
and/or pausing the servers used in the SAS system
• Manage metadata repositories - perform and schedule regular backups of the
Metadata Server and physical files
• Monitoring, logging, and/or troubleshooting SAS servers, including using system logs or setting logging options as well as options within SAS Management Console (SMC)
• Troubleshooting basic SAS server issues, such as system access and password problems
• Understanding of SAS installation directory structures, where to find things related to servers, configurations and content.
• Administering the scheduling of jobs and reports
• Using SMC to administer metadata, adding new libraries to the Metadata Server via SMC, controlling user access to various parts of the SAS system, granting
permissions to read, write, create or view reports and data within the system
• Ensure that users see only the information that they are authorized to access
• Create and configure libraries and permissions for Users and groups of Users, and assign logins.
• Design, implement, and maintain the security framework (access rights and privileges, user roles / groups, etc.)
• Performing basic system administration tasks such as monitoring CPU / RAM / Disk space utilization, port utilization and running processes on applicable OS
• Troubleshooting performance problems in a logical, scientific manner
• Understanding the concept of SAS repositories, what they are, why they are used and how to create/maintain them
• Understanding how SAS interacts with third party software such as databases, web application servers, etc.
• Resetting SAS passwords
• Assisting with problems pertaining to accessing the SAS server(s) or data
• Monitoring for availability and then installing updates to SAS software (patches /
maintenance releases / hot fixes, etc.)
• Monitoring and logging SAS servers and Object Spawners, and then optimizing memory usage or tuning servers for optimal performance
• Creating, modifying, and maintaining various folder structures within SMC
• Providing knowledge transfer, mentoring and expert advice on the
efficient administration of the SAS system
• Manage the performance of the SAS Grid using SAS/Grid Manager
• Monitor load balancing and prioritizations
• Enable SAS Code by using grid enablement macros
• Administer the grid by using the LSF subcomponent of SAS Grid Manager Software and scheduling software
• Adding, removing and promoting nodes as needed
• Troubleshooting node problems and performance issues
• Troubleshooting performance, node promotions and demotions
• Document environments and best practices
• Work with system and network administrators to tune the operating system,
storage, and network environments for optimal performance of the SAS Platform
• Troubleshoot SAS platform problems and resolve them (usually in conjunction with
SAS Technical Support)
• Schedule daily/weekly/monthly tasks to verify the SAS application environments
• Work closely with SAS administrators and developers to make sure best practices are followed