10578 - Sr. Telematics System Analyst (TSA) – Network
The Sr. TSA will assume a key operational role within the Connectivity Service System Operation plan and program on the network infrastructure area. This individual will supervise any network stability, performance, and network security side. The position will have specific assigned responsibilities in support of the Product Development program, Production QA program, as well as administering the established Issue, Problem, and Incident Management program.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and owner of the telematics system and networking infrastructure, collaborating with teams from around the organization and stakeholders to ensure best practices and adherence to security guidelines.
- Review the overall networking infrastructure from the vehicle to various data centers/cloud network deployments for end-to-end coverage.
- Assist in the planning of infrastructure capacity planning and system monitoring activities.
- Planning and coordinate any changes needed on the infrastructure and networking side.
- Troubleshoot and drive any networking changes required to keep the network stable, high-performing, and secure.
- Create and maintain Telematics System Operation networking/security documents.
- Lead troubleshooting in infrastructure issues, identify root causes and implement solutions, including collaborating with external service providers such as telecom companies.
- Install and configure software packages on various Unix platforms, such as JEE containers, monitoring tools, and other 3rd party software.
- Maintain knowledge and technical expertise of current production system, best practices tools and techniques and implement them in a reasonable and responsible manner.
- Write Unix shell scripts to automate workflows including backup, restore, deployment, and log file extraction and review.
- Manage telematics Unix-based servers, tune OS level configurations to maintain the highest performance and throughput.
- Identify issues and risks as they relate to the Issue/Incident Management program and take escalation actions as necessary.
- Working with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders to satisfy customer requests and provide resolution strategies for incoming issues
- Additionally, this individual will need to be available according to a shared coverage schedule (i.e. 24 x 7) for addressing P1 and P2 (Emergency) incidents as needed
- Interact with project teams for new products development giving insights from technical issues of previous products.
- Actively monitor system overall performance, execute applicable escalation protocols
REQUIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES & EDUCATION:
- B.S. required, B.S.E.E. or C.S. preferred
- 6+ years of network administration experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a similar role supporting and interfacing with management. Preferable within Automotive industry.
- 2+ years of software development experience, in the areas of Java, spring framework, networking, and database, utilizing CI/CD tools such as maven and Jenkins
- Experience in one of the public cloud implementations, preferable AWS cloud.
- Experience in supporting development and design environments.
- In-depth knowledge on Unix-based operating systems, including operating system configurations and networking, proficient with shell scripts programming and debugging.
- Experience working on complex technical projects in a multi-vendor project environment.
- Experience with network package capture and translate to plain English for stakeholders understanding.
- Incident and Issue Management experience required.
- Problem Management and Root Cause Analysis background required
- Experience using software development life cycle (SDLC) to deliver solutions and experience with developing web applications deployed in multi-tiered environments
- Experience writing & maintaining technical designs, functional designs, and integration documentation using either UML or EA
- A well-developed understanding of the theory and principles of operation of the internet and packet data protocols.
- Able to learn, or have pre-existing knowledge of, basic connected car architecture including systems integration, interface details, in-vehicle services/functions in order to understand the platform and environment for effective triage and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Prior experience in system performance monitoring and tuning.
- Strong coordination, communication, and networking skills.
- Maintains a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and organizational skills when working as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
Hyundai AutoEver America (HAEA) is a subsidiary of Hyundai and Kia Motor companies specializing in IT services. HAEA was formed 9 years ago and is committed to providing world-class technology services to its clients (of Hyundai and Kia Motor companies) throughout North America. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team.