DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram . About the Opportunity
DMI is currently seeking to hire a Senior Azure SQL DBA (Cloud)
to support a Federal Government customer in the DC metro area. This person will provide Support for an enterprise web-based system. Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications Education and Years of Experience:
- Migrate and convert database objects / processes from on-premises to their Azure cloud equivalent
- Manage the performance of SQL databases hosted both on-premises and in Azure (IaaS / PaaS) for an actively developed web application
- Configure and maintain databases servers and processes
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, scalability, and security
- Design, install, upgrade, monitor, and maintain a production MS SQL Server database environment while minimizing downtime and impact to end-users
- Proactively identify and tune poorly performing queries to improve overall server health
- Develop, document, and implement policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and associated services (SSRS / SSAS / SSIS- Azure Data Factory)
- Responsible for performing data loads & extracts, refreshing lower environments, and replicating data between servers
- Perform data modeling, data analysis, report creation using T-SQL queries, and implement backend data fixes as required
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors (SQL Agent Job failures, availability group syncing issues, blocking & deadlocks, connectivity troubleshooting, etc.)
- Automation of repetitive database administration tasks
- Review and analyze code and architectural changes to reduce risk, confirm adherence to established standards, and ensure system scalability/supportability
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or MIS or related fields.
- Minimum 5+ years of technical experience in SQL Server similar Application support or Development environment
- Minimum 2+ years of Azure SQL DBA experience with Azure PaaS solutions and other cloud technologies/tools
- Experience working with Healthcare data and a proven track of implementation experience in EDI data formats.
- Proven experience migrating on-premises databases to Azure PaaS (Managed Instance / Azure SQL Database)
- Ability to provide guidance and recommend architecture changes to ensure compatibility with Azure PaaS services
- Knowledge and strong experience and understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Strong experience with SQL PaaS & SQL Server 2017 +
- Knowledgeable of T-SQL (Indexes, Triggers, Functions, Packages, and Procedures)
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, and similar services in Cloud (Azure Data Factory, etc.)
- Experience with Azure Cloud technologies (Azure SQL, Analysis Services, Synapse, Active Directory)
- Strong experience in h igh availability using Always On availability groups
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, and recovery models
- Strong communication, interpersonal and human relation skills to interact with clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of Data analytics platform and tools - Snowflake, R, and Python will be plus
- Certifications in Azure, data modeling, and metadata management will be plus
- Should have lived in US for at-least 3 years.
No Physical requirement needed for this position Min. Citizenship Status Required
: No Restriction Location:
#LI-KW1Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.