Data Center Infrastructure LeadLocation:
Herndon, VAExostar - The Company:
Exostar’s cloud-based platforms create exclusive communities within the Aerospace and Defense, Life Sciences, and other highly-regulated industries where members securely collaborate, share information, and operate compliantly. Within these communities we build trust. By analyzing community data we provide insights and intelligence, enabling organizations to make better, timelier decision, to mitigate risk, and operate more efficiently.Exostar - The Employer:
- We believe in employee development: we promote internally and provide training and educational assistance
- We provide a fun, engaged workplace, with social and community-building events
- We offer comprehensive benefits and PTO plans, including a holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day
The Data Center Infrastructure lead is responsible for maintaining Data Center space across multiple sites/providers and working collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams as an operational subject matter expert on infrastructure services and service delivery. The ideal candidate has experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructure across various technologies.Your day, if you join us: Essential Job Functions
You meet our “must haves” for this role if you have:
- Maintain data center space across multiple data center sites/providers. Maintaining contracts, provisioning space, as well as reporting capacity and utilization.
- Maintain ISP services from multiple vendors ensuring contracts are maintained and services are maintaining the appropriate SLA.
- Manage inventory, conduct audits, and ensure support renewals for data center hardware.
- Manage software license reporting for all software in the environment (VMware, Microsoft, RHEL, etc) working with vendors to maintain appropriate reporting and renewals.
- Manage monitoring platform production environments, ensuring system availability, and accuracy.
- Work with platform support engineers to produce monthly capacity reports for executive briefings.
- Producing quality detailed technical documentation for physical architecture, topology, maintenance, troubleshooting and disaster recovery
- Working collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams as an operational subject matter expert on infrastructure services and service delivery
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to implement new technologies and service delivery mechanisms
- Driving highly visible design projects to produce results
- You have relevant technical and/or business degree, or certifications.
- You have 5-7 years of experience in data center environments with strong understanding of power, cooling, and cabling standards in complex environments.
- Experience deploying hardware solutions in data center environments as well as managing break fix services in the environment.
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructure across various technologies
- You have understanding and/or experience with VMware and cloud solutions.
- You are able to lead complex, large-scale projects from initiation and planning through execution and closing
- You are a results-oriented person, that has a solid work ethic and excellent attention to detail and quality
- You have strong analytical and communication skills
- You understand the importance of security and operations and how the two disciplines complement each other
- Your personality is one of strong self-motivation and sense of ownership
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a United States citizen due to ITAR regulations
- Must be able to obtain Exostar Trusted Role and maintain Trusted Role status while employed in this role.
Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.