Job Description Title: Software Engineer (Remote) Location: Remote Type: Contract Summary:
Client is a large Insurance provider building a team to create a next generation data platform for our broker dealer. The team will be responsible for gathering, assembling, and transforming data into information that can be leveraged by the business for informed decision making.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience using Java to build backend APIs and services. These next generation applications are hosted in AWS and are completely serverless using CloudFormation, Lambda, Glue, DynamoDB and S3.
Agile delivery methodologies, so experience in that world is also desirable. Required Experience
- 2+ years of RESTful webservices development using cloud technologies such as AWS Lambdas and API Gateway
- 2+ years of experience using distributed storage technologies like S3
- 5+ years of Java API development using Maven for dependency management
- 5+ years of database development using both NoSQL and relational database types
- 5+ years of experience using git for source control management
- 5+ years using the agile methodology to deliver business value to stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
- Experience using CloudFormation and provisioning infrastructure as code
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Strong understanding of webservice architectures, including both stateless and stateful protocols
- Any experience using Spring technologies and integrations
- Experience migrating existing Java Spring services to AWS using lambdas and API Gateway is a real plus
- Life Insurance industry experience a plus
- Delivers fully tested code on time and with quality
- Ensures all new code is delivered with adequate unit test coverage
- Participates in the discussion and documentation of best practices and standards for application development
- Participates in all Agile team meetings
- Complies with all company policies and procedures
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Works in an agile, fast-paced environment with two-week sprint/release cycle
- Collaborates with product owners, front and back-end developers, and user experience teams
- Helps product owners with issue prioritization and contributes to project scoping
- Manages time and expectations to reliable meet sprint commitments
- Reviews requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com