A client of ours in King of Prussia, PA is looking to hire an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst with a solid background working in production environments involving several large-scale transactional systems. This is a QA position, but the responsibilities go beyond just running test scripts. We are looking for someone to assume ownership and oversight of the QA process and by working closely with Production Support, be able to dig into the systems to determine root cause of any production issues, identify/report any bugs/defects and create/modify test plans accordingly. Additionally, this position will be responsible for sitting with the software dev team(s) as the subject matter expert for QA to ensure end-to-end validation of their systems.
- Review, modify and improve business applications through testing, debugging and documenting
- Collaborate with business users, analysts and systems integration & development engineers to understand why an application, system or solution is needed and how it must function - then validate those solutions meets business needs with a high degree of quality
- Prepare documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, corrective actions and re-validations
- Create and maintain user documentation assist with change management of users for new or modified applications
- Ensure performance, defects and user reported issues are being captured and analyzed
- Work with users, help desk associates, and business analysts to understand and document defects or system issues.
- Create test cases based on project requirements and/or defects
- Develop, gather, and manage test data
- Execute tests to validate reported defects and advice on impact, risks and possible resolutions
- Estimate testing timelines and work with other team members to achieve on-time delivery
- Advice on resolutions regarding defects, system issues or design flaws
- Log and track test - manage documentation of failed and passed tests for SOX compliance
- Continually review daily alert reports. Escalate new issues. Follow up on reported issues
- Resolve technical issues that do not require coding changes
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- 5-10 years of experience in software/systems testing in multiple environments
- Experience in performance testing, troubleshooting, failures and recovery
- Familiarity with database management systems, tools and libraries
- Very comfortable with SQL and able to write SQL statements and queries across multiple databases (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc…)
- Familiarity with XML and File Transfer Protocol and queue infrastructures
- Past experience with retail and/or distribution systems including POS and warehouse management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with heterogeneous systems and integrations across systems
- Experience with the requirements gathering process and conducting intake meetings with stakeholders in different departments.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with change management system such as ALDON or source code systems like SVN
- Strong attention to detail required
- Good time-management skills. Ability to multi-task or work on multiple projects concurrently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; strong team player
Desired / Preferred Skills:
- Hands on experience with eCommerce, direct-to-consumer or wholesale businesses
- Familiarity with automatic job scheduling tool Robot Scheduler or similar
- Experience with ServiceNow