Vertex Pharmaceuticals is working to discover and develop innovative genetic therapies with the potential to provide transformative benefit to patients. Vertex is currently advancing multiple CRISPR-based genetic therapies that have the potential to cure or stop the progression of disease, including for degenerative neurological and muscular diseases. Vertex is seeking a creative, self-motivated individual with a passion for science to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on cutting edge science, apply state-of-the-art gene editing technologies, and take part in discovering and developing next-generation therapies for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1 and other genetic disorders.
We are looking for a researcher who brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate new medicines for patients.
- Develop robust, scalable purification processes for AAV gene therapy vectors
- Evaluate novel and emerging technologies to advance vector purification strategy
- Participate in technology transfer to CMO and provide manufacturing oversight for GMP production
- Apply QbD principals to process characterization, establish process parameters, and contribute to CMC sections of regulatory filings
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects
- PhD in Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics or related discipline and 1 to 3 years experience. Master's degree with 10+ years experience or Bachelor's degree with 12+ years experience will be considered
- Direct industry experience developing purification processes for clinical production of viral gene therapy vectors
- Demonstrated expertise in execution of purification unit operations typically applied to AAV production (e.g. chromatography, filtration, TFF, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team