Job#: 1281238 Job Description: Title:
Remote Cloud Engineer (Azure)Duration:
We are unable to sponsor Visa's at this time
If you are interested, or if you would like more information, please contact Lauren Gornik @ and apply to this posting directly:Required Experience:
- 5+ years of Azure Cloud experience
- IaaS preferred but PaaS also will consider
- Able to build out Azure CLI, Azure DevOps pipelines (commit code, build a pipeline with YAML, etc.), ARM, Azure App Insights, etc.
- PowerShell scripting
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies using Azure DevOps
- Strong DevOps automation experience including setup and configuration of CI/CD processes
- Proven expertise in infrastructure as code (e.g., ARM, DevOps, GitLab, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Chocolatey, VMware vRA toolsets)
- Responsible for creating software components, modules, and integrations that are dynamically scalable and highly available services in a cloud environment.
- Creation of software testing implementations including unit, functional, acceptance, performance, and security tests.
- Support cloud developers in optimizing and automating cloud engineering activities such as real-time migration, provisioning, and deployment, etc.
- Improving cloud product reliability, availability, maintainability & cost/benefit
- Provide inputs to IT financial management for cloud - on costs associated with capacity build-out, forecast for cloud IT investments, etc.
- Work in an environment with rapid prototyping and piloting of cloud solutions
- In-depth knowledge of cloud strategy, Agile/Scrum methodologies, coding best practices, and networking protocols
- Good understanding of container orchestration platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, VMware Tanzu, Red Hat OpenShift, ECS, or others
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP, and load balancing
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science or another related field with 7 years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, you have 9 years of related experience.
- Willing to travel throughout the organization and service territory and work extended hours, as required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at