Location: All Locations (Remote)
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.Work you'll do
This role operates in the Business Information Security Officer (BISO) function within Deloitte's internal Cyber Security organization. The BISO team works closely with various business leaders, technical and non-technical stakeholders to drive adoption of cyber security policies, standards, and industry-leading practices across the US Consulting line of business.
You will work alongside technical and non-technical professionals to ensure the appropriate cyber security posture for systems and applications supporting business operations and client delivery.Responsibilities
- Provide cybersecurity subject matter expertise in various risk assessments, working in an Agile environment with an understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- Advocate appropriate cybersecurity software engineering practices such as unit testing, software composition analysis, code reviews, full build testing, quality engineering practices and requirements capturing techniques to business teams to improve end to end secure delivery practices.
- Advocate for and ensure appropriate security practices are communicated and implemented within business application security programs. Support adherence and awareness of these practices.
- Lead open-source scanning program including training, tool onboarding, results analysis, and coordination between stakeholders.
- Triage and analyze vulnerabilities discovered within internally developed code and open-source dependencies.
- Assist application teams with on-boarding to the adopted security tools/technologies; working with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and issues related to such integrations.
- Implement cyber security action plans or remediation activity as required for information systems hosted on-premise or the cloud.
- Be a trusted advisor for security initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights, and advice.
- Deliver tasks based on project objectives; technically support projects through to completion.
- Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality, documented and support transition of operational activities.
- Collect and format the data required for established KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes.
- Work with teams to implement appropriate security automation practices and bring continuous improvement to security processes and tools.
- Work with teams to implement applicable cybersecurity controls and rules, to ensure compliance to firm policies.
- And other responsibilities as required.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand. Cyber areas of focus include Cyber design, Risk & Compliance, Technology Risk Management, Identity & Access Management, Data Protection, Incident Response and Architecture.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in cloud security and/or application security or system administrator role with experience in vulnerability analysis and remediation
- Experienced applicants with a documented history of technical writing, knowledge management, and governance, risk, and compliance will be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate strategic information security topics, policies and standards as well as risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences at various hierarchical levels.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment, managing competing priorities and complex requirements.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Professional security management certification strongly desirable, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials.
- Cloud security certifications.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Solid understanding of different types of security testing/scanning and their application to secure software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated competencies in system administration and security protocols for client/server environment. Experience working with cloud-based IaaS and PaaS solutions on a windows platform and Open Source/Linux.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration of web services.
- Working knowledge of Agile, SAFe, and DevSecOps.
- Working knowledge of GIT, JIRA, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Chef, other Agile CI/CD and project management tools and Kanban boards.
- Strong knowledge of key cybersecurity technologies such as network security tools (firewalls, intrusion detection system (IDS)/ intrusion protection system (IPS), content filtering, network access control (NAC), end-point protection (AV, EDR, MDM), data loss prevention, encryption, vulnerability management, and security information and event management (SIEM).
- Knowledge and understanding of information security legal and regulatory requirements, such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Payment Card Industry/Data Security Standard
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, COBIT, and NIST, including 800-53 and the Cybersecurity Framework.
- Knowledge of top security vulnerabilities and remediation, such as OWASP Top 10, CVE, CWE, SANS Top Software Errors