Apex Systems is currently working with one of our direct clients in the search for an experience Senior Data Engineer who will be supporting Data Engineering team. This role would leverage the integration of various vendor data, e-commerce data and internal data into the existing SQL Server Data Warehouse. The Data Engineer will be taking an API creation approach, using C#/.Net as opposed to straight ETL approach. The chance to work/learn with Snowflake Cloud database along with other cloud technologies will be provided in this role.Title:
Senior Data Engineer Location:
Fort Washington, PADay-to-Day
The Data Engineer will be responsible for taking ELT by creating .Net (C#) API's for data transformation from various data sources and created SQL Stored Procedures for loading into SQL Server Data Warehouse. Supporting ad-hoc request for creation of stored procedures for Reporting Services team.Requirements
- 7+ years' experience as a Data Engineer.
- 5+ years of developing complex SQL Server Stored Procedures.
- 4+ years of experience driving adoption and automation of data management services and tools.
- 2+ years of experience with API based ELT automation framework, data manager, interface design, development, and maintenance.
- Experience with or desire to learn Snowflake cloud-based data warehouse is highly desired.
- Hands on experience with SQL Server 2015/2017 including strong experience with Integration Services (SSIS) and Analytical Services (SSAS).
- Hands on experience with developing .Net/C# API's whether for SOAP or Restful API calls.
- Integrate/export data following security guidelines.
- Supporting the Data Warehouse strategy and Business Intelligence initiatives.
- Perform ad hoc data analysis to meet business unit data validation needs.
- Demonstrate capabilities to provide continuous improvements and optimizations to both cost and performance on cloud-based technologies.
- Experience with integration with 3rd party application using Python connector API would be desirable.
- Design and develop ETL processes and data structures for the Data Warehouse following best practice procedures.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org