Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.Work you'll do
- Understand and communicate clear knowledge of forecasting and government cost accounting.
- Lead collaboration with business and technology teams to ensure alignment of business solution definition and technical architecture.
- Exercises judgment and makes decisions in complex situations; makes recommendations on complex issues regarding work within own technical function, project components and tasks. May make recommendations on new processes, tools and services; supports and contributes to development of new products, services or techniques.
- Lead requirements definitions, development sessions and design walk-through reviews with internal team and business stakeholders.
- Lead performance optimization activities in all applications.
- Design and manage a complex system testing environment. Confirm supportability of implementation plans.
- Execute complex build activities, integrate designs across multiple technologies and projects.
- Responsible for defining and directing tasks of Specialists and development teams.
- Willing to learn new technologies: Workday Adaptive Planning Releases, SAP HANA, SQL, etc.
- Troubleshoot Oracle stored procedures.
- Supports and troubleshoots production tickets for resolution and root cause analysis
- Offers technical guidance to deployment discussions and activities.
- Provide leadership with regular status updates and potential issues.
- Manage daily progress and status of deliverables on projects.
- Manage both internal teams and offshore vendor teams' project delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- Monitor compliance to standardized procedures and best practices and create new policies and processes as needed.
- Individuals will follow best practices and procedures as defined by their community of practice.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
- Cyber security
- Technology support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Application development and management
- Relationship management group
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.QualificationsRequired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree + 8 years of experience (or an advanced degree) in computer science, accounting or related area
- 8+ years of experience working with OLAP in-memory databases
- 8+ years of experience supporting forecast/planning business processes
- 1+ years leading technical teams
- Experience in Financial Planning and Analysis tasks (Planning, Forecasting and Analysis)
- Awareness of architecture standards design and implementation (including strategy, user experience, performance, controls, stability, quality, innovation, and enterprise security requirements)
- Travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must have clear communications skills both oral and written ability to negotiate in a non-confrontational manner to deliver a clear, well-structured and concise argument to support your opinion, using facts, pro's/con's, business justifications and other persuasion methods.
- Must have ability to work in fast paced environment, balance priorities and juggle multiple tasks at once
- Must be able to work independently
- Must possess a strong desire and clear understanding for high customer satisfaction
- Must be flexible, have good energy, easy to work with and a team player
- Workday Adaptive Planning experience is preferred.
- Experience in Oracle stored procedure development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills to earn support of business leaders, technology leaders, colleagues, and vendor representatives.
- Capable of building sustainable relationships with colleagues and key individuals.
- Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions.