Our client is the world's leading industrial real estate company. They currently have a requirement of an IT Release Management Lead. The position is a Permanent Direct Hire or Contract to Hire and offers remote work.
We are seeking a driven IT Release Management Lead to enable our development teams in delivering scalable, distributed software systems that require high availability to support critical business functions. In collaboration with cross-functional teams, you will manage the software quality & release process within the Digital Customer Experience Technologies and Platforms capability.
- Responsible for leading teams in scheduling, planning, testing, communication, release, deployment for applications, tools and infrastructure releases.
- Transform the Release Management function to adopt the DevOps, CD/CI(Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery), and Agile frameworks.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Participate in requirements management, including reviewing requirements for testability and automation.
- Develop, track and report on release effectiveness, accuracy and efficiency metrics.
- Design, develop and make presentations for non-technical members on release management and associated topics.
- Translate technical language into business language as needed to bridge the gap between business and technology professionals engaged in the full product value stream.
- Communicate all key release plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations, 3rd party SaaS solutions including 3rd party security and software upgrades and patches.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Create, own and version control Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans.
- Manage deployment automation roadmap and framework for the entire portfolio throughout the project lifecycle.
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
- Work with development engineers and lead to understanding the impacts of branches and code merges.
- Maintains the release calendar and schedule for all core services and ensures alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Lead and coordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Work closely with Development teams in the development of scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope, risks, mitigations.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience; Minimum of 1 year as a technical lead or engineering leader.
- 1-3 years of the previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- Formal training in project management practices is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle, agile product management and tools like Jira, Confluence, Trello is desired.
- Knowledge of QA and Development Software testing tools, SaaS, Cloud Technologies specifically AWS Code pipeline, Azure DevOps is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
Contract to Hire or Direct permanent
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
Please apply below with your most current resume. You should also feel free to email Nina Schindler () or call