TeamSoft is looking for a BI Analyst/Developer to join their client on a 10-12-week project assignment. This role will be responsible for the analysis, design, and delivery of BI reports, dashboard and analytics using BI and Data Warehousing best practices.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own the analysis, design and development of Insurance reports and analytics sourced from Data Marts, Data Warehouses and other traditional and unstructured data sources
- Analyze, design, and ideally develop, reports and analytics as required for deployment
- Perform incoming and outgoing data quality, consistency and integrity checks
- Own KPI analytical data marts and contributing to data sources and pipeline architecture
- Analyze, design, and ideally develop data marts to client-defined measures, dimensions and facts
- Work on complex data modeling and design patterns for BI reports/analytics using star scheme, tabular and multidimensional data stores
- Develop and assist in system testing and training of reports, dashboards and BI solutions
- Create and maintain user and technical documentation, including metadata
- Apply critical thinking to resolve reporting and data issues and combine data from multiple systems
- Develop proof of concepts to mock up reporting requirements
- Work with development and database team members to ensure the data models created will meet the objectives of the business requirements.
- Develop and document procedures and train users where needed
- Participate in pre-sales, sales, training and support
- Deliver on-site technical engagement with clients
- Works with BI Analytics Developer, BI Architect and BI ETL Developer to design and develop the complete technical solution
- 5 years Insurance KPIs, and ideally in at least one business area (e.g. Actuarial, Claims, Operations etc)
- Develops Power BI Reports, Dashboards, implement complex hierarchical row-level security, publish reports to power bi service and establish gateway refresh schedules.
- Implement calculations, perspectives, hierarchy structurs, score cards, and key performance indicators
- Traditional and cloud data warehouse environments (e..g. SQL Servicer or Azure SQL Data Warehouse)
- 5 Years Insurance BI, analytics and data warehousing projects
- 2-4 years experience of the following tools (or similar): Power BI, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS Reporting
- Good understanding of BI and data warehousing concepts, approaches and techniques.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Must deal with ambiguity and communicate effectively.
- Strong Consulting skills with the ability to give presentations and lead meetings.
- Creative thinker, who can come up with simple yet effective business solutions
- Self-starter with the ability to produce results efficiently and accurately
- Great customer focus, a bias for action and confidence to own the requirements and design processes
*A full position description will be provided to qualified candidates.
Find out why TeamSoft is the technology leader with over 200 IT consultants. Managed by IT professionals, TeamSoft is the clear choice for your career. Join the TeamSoft family today!
Did you know?
- We are rated the top vendor at Madison's 2 largest clients
- TeamSoft offers salaried options for many positions that include 5 weeks PTO and great benefits!
- TeamSoft has been in business since 1996
- TeamSoft’s Executives are IT professionals who possess a wealth of experience in application development, business analysis, and project management
- TeamSoft’s Recruiters are knowledgeable, friendly, and ready to help you make your next great career move
- TeamSoft offers a full benefits suite to all of our W2 consultants, including a 401k plan with a 100% vested 4% dollar for dollar match
- Our targeted selection process is designed to get to know your strengths and career interests and provide you with the best chance for success in your new position
- Our longest running consultant has been with us for 16 years
- Consultants can participate in our charitable giving committee. To date, TeamSoft’s charitable giving committee has donated over $100,000!
TeamSoft is operated by IT professionals. Our team has deep experience with IT staffing. Our clients understand this and rely on our expertise. That is why TeamSoft is the largest IT consulting firm founded in the Madison Area, with more than 200 current consultants! With over 50 active clients, TeamSoft will give you the greatest exposure to the widest range of IT careers.
Our executives possess a combined 60+ years of IT consulting experience. Our recruiting and Account Management staff are very well-versed in our client markets. We get you. We know you. We know what you do every day. And we know what you deal with on the job.
You take your career seriously and so do we. At TeamSoft you are not just a resume or number. Our goal is to create long-term partnerships with each of our consultants, and according to feedback from many of them, we are very good at this.
Click HERE to see what our consultants have to say about working with TeamSoft.
TeamSoft is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.