Credence Management Solutions, LLC (Credence) is seeking a Scrum Master with Business Analyst experience to support the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Criminal Alien Identification Initiatives (CAII) program.
The Scrum Master shall demonstrate advanced knowledge in Agile Scrum Methodology and support the team as a servant leader to ensure the team works user stories based on team capacity and velocity and delivers to its sprint commitments. The Scrum Master shall understand the big development picture for each release, understand the expected application functionality, and be able to ensure progress is being made throughout each sprint.
The Scrum Master shall play a role in understanding features requested by the Product Owners and facilitate Agile ceremonies and grooming sessions. The Scrum Master shall have strong communication skills, build a working relationship with the team members, and help the team feel comfortable in participating in Agile ceremonies and reaching out to the Scrum Master to help resolve any issues and blockers during the sprint.
Additionally, the Scrum Master shall demonstrate advance knowledge with tools such as JIRA, MS Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and hold strong writing skills to help deliver weekly and monthly reports, release documentation, and monthly deliverables as well as hold strong communication skills to be the point of contact between our customers and the team. Responsibilities Support Product Development:
Support Product Owner:
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and product backlog refinement sessions.
- Interface with clients and other project stakeholders to lead the delivery of product releases.
- Proactively manage and mitigate risks and issues across Scrum team and assist in resolving any identified blockers.
- Manage the activities, user stories, tasks, and deliverables of application releases throughout the Agile SDLC.
- Support and enforce the Agile methodology and framework used by the project team.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress within the agreed reporting framework.
- Monitor and keep track of tickets associated with a release and tickets that have been sent for UAT.
- Provide support with risk management, release management, facilitate release planning activities,
- Prepare release documentation upon UAT approval.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of customer's lifecycles, standards, and supporting processes and practices.
- Support creating customer required deliverables such as weekly and monthly status reports, burndown charts, cumulative flow diagrams, sprint reports, etc.
Support the Scrum Team:
- Elicit, analyze, document, help prioritize, and manage requirements from multiple stakeholders.
- Assist in coaching Product Owner in story writing to ensure stories follow the SMART method.
- Assist with product backlog maintenance as needed.
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs.
- Assist with overseeing the coordinated roll out and delivery.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining standards, tools and best practices.
- Ensure the Scrum Framework is implemented effectively and provides coaching and training at the team level to maximize its benefits.
- Identify and remove impediments.
- Facilitate team discussion and conflict resolution.
- Help the team to learn from experience.
- Empower the team to self-organize.
- Support the team with JIRA related tasks such as creating tickets, prioritizing tickets, updating statuses, and ensuring correct release version numbers are associated with the ticket.
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain a DHS Public Trust Clearance
- Minimum five (5) years specialized experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Scrum Master Certification.
- Excellent writing skills and strong command of the English language, including grammar.
- Experience creating, formatting, and reviewing MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documentation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Experience working in a remote environment using tools such as MS Teams/Skype.
- Strong experience with JIRA by being able to create versions, associate tickets to a version, searching capabilities, creation/management of issues and subtasks, sprints, and backlogs.
- Willingness to travel is required but will be limited to once or twice a year.