Harris County was founded in 1836 and is located in the Gulf Coast region of Texas approximately 50 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Harris County covers over 1700 square miles with over 4 million residents, making it the most populous county in Texas and third most populous in the United States.
The Harris County Universal Services (US) exists to support the mission of Harris County by developing, implementing and supporting high quality, innovative and cost-effective information technology solutions.
Under general direction, the Enterprise Information Security Professional will be responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining Identity and Access Management (IAM) technologies and related tools for the protection of Harris County s information systems and critical assets.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in driving improvements to the IAM technology, Privileged Access Management (PAM) tools and overall Identity Governance and Administration (IGA) strategies for the County.
- Assists in the implementation of an enterprise Multi-factor authentication (MFA) solution.
- Assists in the daily administration and support of IAM, PAM and MFA technologies and services.
- Effectively communicates directly with customers and stakeholders on the integration requirements including provisioning, de-provisioning and user lifecycle into the IAM platform.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on system integration strategies, data integrity, workflow development and automation strategies for users and connected systems.
- Ensures that the IAM technology and controls provide direct support of HIPPA, PCI and CJIS policies and other regulatory requirements as needed.
- Researches, designs and implements solutions to address access control needs, risks and vulnerabilities on behalf of the enterprise.
- Supports the development of cybersecurity procedures, standards, best practices, project plans, and communications as needed to support the overall delivery of cybersecurity objectives.
- Supports continuous improvement of related processes and the adoption of new processes and technologies with the goal of deep integration into organizational processes.
- Works on multiple projects as a subject matter expert, including projects or issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- May also participate in the evaluation and implementation of other new security solutions and technologies.
- High school diploma, or G.E.D. equivalency from an accredited educational institution.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressive work experience in an Information Security role that deals with user access controls, data governance, identity management or the roles and procedures managing the controls.
- Knowledge and understanding of modern identity & access management concepts and best practices
- Hands-on experience with Active Directory or at least one enterprise Identity & Access Management platform
- Strong research, analysis, analytical, problem solving and process development skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar area of study from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) or CompTIA Security+ Certification is preferred
- Hands-on experience with or direct knowledge of Microsoft enterprise applications, Windows Server OS, Linux based systems
- Preferred experience with Quest One Identity, Sailpoint, Oracle OIG, IdentityIQ, IBM IGI, Saviynt or similar Identity and Access Management software.
- 1+ years experience with at least one of the following languages: Powershell, SQL, VB.NET
- A broad understanding of cybersecurity concepts across all domains, applicable security frameworks (e.g. ISO 2700X, NIST and CIS Critical Security Controls) and regulations (e.g. SOX, PCI, HIPAA and CJIS)
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the global threat landscape, cybersecurity trends, emerging technologies and an ability to relate them to the County and its objectives
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on numerous competing priorities while maintaining realistic expectations
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to interact with a variety of different teams and be the thought leader on keeping risk and cybersecurity compensating controls as a priority
- Ability to confront challenges in a constructive fashion and influence others through consensus building techniques
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to adhere to cybersecurity processes, and tools, and to keep focus on multiple tracks of work and open issues in parallel
- A passion for cybersecurity, self-starter mentality, flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds and/or move boxes and equipment as needed.
- Ability to kneel, crouch, handle, climb, walk, sit, twist and reach is needed to perform the essential functions.
Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check that includes being fingerprinted. This applies to any position with network access to CJI (Criminal Justice Information) systems or access to an area where CJI is received, maintained or stored either manually or electronically (i.e. custodian, maintenance).
- Conviction, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Felony
- Conviction, probation, or deferred adjudication for any Class A Misdemeanor
- Conviction, probation, or deferred adjudication for a Class B Misdemeanor if within the previous 10 years
- Open arrest for any criminal offense (Felony or Misdemeanor)
- Family Violence conviction