Title: Sr .Net developer
Location: Richmond, VA (Currently Remote due to Covid)
Duration: 12 months Contract to hire
- Team is in charge of re-writing a legacy application for Commercial Banking for Underwriting specifically.
- This team deals with rewriting the risk rating operation which goes out and does a gut check of customers before they lend them large amounts of money.
- Technical Skills:
- .NET shop, using .NET core (latest version- 5), C#,
- Use Github
- Postgres database (there does need to be some database knowledge), using Entity framework to connect to the database. Won't be writing any procedures, but may need to analyze store procedures from the legacy app. Part of this role will be the need to dig into the legacy application and may have to pull out some old business logic.
- Would be great to find somebody who has worked in an enterprise shop before, lots of red tape here, takes awhile for things to get pushed out to production, and there can sometimes be horizontal initiatives that trump the features this team is trying to deliver.
- Would also be amazing to find somebody with any kind of Commercial Banking experience.
- In terms of cloud experience, general understanding of cloud concepts is what's important more than AWS or Azure specific cloud. As long as they have experience working in a cloud environment.