Our client, a major bank, looking for talented Senior Technical Writer in San Francisco CA
This is a permanent position with great benefits package and competitive compensation DOE.
Relocation assistance is available.
Currently 100% remote, but will require on-site commute in fall with working from home and office schedules.
No H1 Visa will be supported for this position. ** Must be authorized to work for ANY employer in US - NO Visa support for this role
Senior Technical Writer (AWS or Azure)
IS Technical Writer will promote, develop, and maintain high quality documentation that meets applicable standards.
Responsibilities include creation and/or review of operations runbooks, troubleshooting/resolution procedures, disaster recovery procedures, configuration/build procedures, and “frequently asked questions” (FAQ) pages to ensure technical support staff (including L1, L2 and L3 staff) have the information necessary to support the services and infrastructure.
Quality and accuracy are important as many of these documents are provided as audit deliverables.
- 5+ years of relevant technical writing experience, with experience delivering documentation for an IT or IS organization
- Experience creating documentation for Operational Support Teams
- Experience creating Infrastructure Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, O365
- Experience working in an ITIL-Based environment
- Proficiency with MS Office tools, incl. Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and SharePoint
- Working experience with Enterprise Service Management systems ( ServiceNow preferred)/
- Understanding of network and system architecture concepts
- Understanding of load balancing, clustering, high availability, and disaster recovery
- Familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Ability to deliver quality work quickly, with an emphasis on accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to see the big picture and focus on Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English
- Understanding of core Bank business applications and operations, financial experience is a plus
- Able to work as a team player and as an individual contributor
- Must operate with minimal supervision to meet deadlines, proactively report status, and communicate and purse resolution of roadblocks
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology /Computer Science /Engineering/Technical Writing discipline is desired
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Work with internal teams and subject matter experts to obtain an in-depth understanding of applications/systems/ processes/products and ensure the information is accurately documented
- Lead Subject Matter Experts through the document delivery process and coordinate the process to attain content
- Administer the documentation repository
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse opportunities
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Uphold IS documentation standards for content, formatting, and template requirements
- Align operational activities with process controls based upon compliance and policy requirements
- Create and manage work tickets related to delivery of documentation
- Proactively review work queues, respond to requests in a timely manner, review and resolve assigned requests, and effectively communicate status and resolution details to ensure user satisfaction and productivity
- Must always be diligent in protecting client data confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Demonstrate knowledge of Bank standards and processes
- Remain informed of job-related issues through networking, training programs, seminars, and trade publications
- Attend meetings and maintain a flexible work schedule
Please email your resume or