Role: 2-The Senior Infrastructure Architect ( MAINFRAMME)- contract to hire ONE in ATLANTA, GA & ONE in Minnealpolis, MN Remote but onsie after the Pandemic is over.
NO VISA Candidates...Only ====s and ====s.
If interested, please email your resume to : DANY@DATUMSOFTWARE.COM.
The Senior Infrastructure Architect is responsible for the day-to-day infrastructure oversight of the Client's MVS platform and its adjacent internal and external platforms. The Senior Infrastructure Architect works on multiple products, activities and projects. This position works independently on complex tasks, projects, activities and support assignments that require advanced skills in multiple technical environments. This is done within the best practices processes and procedures and in collaboration with other teams. The Senior Infrastructure Architect has advanced knowledge of Mainframe operating systems and related system utilities, large systems software products, participates in problem diagnosis and resolution activities, executes performance analysis tuning and capacity planning, and could request WLM support for IBM Mainframe z/Series z/OS Systems. The Senior Infrastructure Architect is also accountable for SLA’s associated with the hardware systems & peripherals, z/Series and ISV (Independent Software Vendor) software, and the systems network communications.
We are an IBM outsourced client and operate the Client's-MVS platform as a Mainframe-as-a-Service (MaaS) offering, there is much cross organization communication, checks-and-balances, and coordination that must be constant. This role facilitates most of the activities for the Client-South portfolio of infrastructure and applications that run production within the data centers.
Key Responsibilities :
- Daily calls to track the status of incidents, problem management, changes, project status, etc.
- Keep Service Now, iServer, and other internal systems updated for the assets and applications associated with the mainframe platform
- Collect business requirements and drive for aligned infrastructure solutions
- Review the performance of the system and request tuning changes as needed to meet business requirements.
- Assist team members to solve problems, make innovative improvements and make decisions.
- Identify and implement system and process improvements in the z/OS environment
- Work with application support teams and other internal customers to facilitate business initiatives.
- Review and Approve documentation of system software products including usage instructions, configuration notes, test plans, details of customizations necessary for our environment, as well as process and procedure guides
- Lead project teams to accomplish business and technology goals.
- On call support to respond to issues with the system 24x7
- Implementation of system changes after hours or on weekends as appropriate.
- Communicate accurate and useful status, capacity, and financial reports to management on a timely basis for the platform
- Instill commitment to quality, customer service, ownership, and teamwork.
- Build strong customer/partner relationships. Promote internal/external customer service among organization.
- Maintain awareness of new technological developments in industry and processes - implement concepts appropriately.
- Make decisions that reflect the best interest of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Scope, Complexity and Risk Factors:
- Accountable for results of complex function(s) or project(s) with ambiguity, risk, unpredictability, and diversity
- Accountable for critical problem solving.
- Participates and assists with management of medium- to high-impact projects/initiatives.
- Makes decisions that impact support responsibilities that could affect large groups and/or key business area.
- Accountability for ensuring mainframe services are operational as needed by the customer.
- Ensures delivery to service level agreements and contractual obligations.
- Define, capture, and report key performance indicators and project milestones.
- Interacts with customers and outsourcing partners to build key relationships.
- Works with management to negotiate vendor, partner, and customer business relationships.
- Works as a team player in efforts to identify new technologies and capabilities needed to improve operational or business performance to the next level.
- Optimizes resource utilization to deliver solutions.
Plays key role on strategically important projects/processes in field of expertise.
- Education: College Degree Preferred with experience managing multiple technologies. Industry certifications for the subject matter area, ITIL, Six Sigma would be a plus.
- Work Experience: 10+ years of technical work experience supporting mainframe system software products including operating systems, utilities and ISV software. Experience in a multi-tiered mainframe to AIX or open systems configuration experience a plus. Experience working with 3rd party vendors.
Technical knowledge and understanding:
Knowledge of the following technologies and skills will contribute to success in this position:
- Operating Systems installation experience would be a plus – z/OS
- Understanding of major IBM subsystems – CICS, JES, DB2, MQ, and IMS
- z/OS Hardware configuration knowledge and understanding of virtualization on mainframes and within DASD
- Familiarity with the concepts of SYSPLEX high availability configurations
- General knowledge and concepts for subsystems including: disk, virtual tape, print (Xerox), TCPIP
- Experience maintaining and testing disaster recovery plans
- Third party (non-IBM) vendor package installation and support experience: Levi Ray and Shoup, Microfocus/Serena, BMC, Compuware, Computer Associates software, Rocket, SAS, Software AG products are a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills to isolate failures, identify remediation steps, develop test plans and verification protocols. A fundamental knowledge of the application programming process is needed to assist developers with troubleshooting and performance issues.
- Strong communications skills to interact effectively with other team members, customers, management and vendor support personnel. Tailors the detail and formality of communications appropriately for the intended audience.
- The ability and willingness to perform on call duties and after hour system support. The nature of the work requires the ability to work outside of standard working hours when required. Systems support responsibilities include the ability to respond for on-call systems at any time of the day and any day of the week. The outsourcer is the primary support and covers 7 x 24, this role will only be engaged for mainframe platform issues of increasing severity and might have to take a leadership role during incident management calls with a need to drive a low MTTR
- Experience working with vendors and technical experts, accurate work and very careful attention to detail is required to avoid system outages.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines, communicate progress on a timely basis and respond to changing business priorities
- Knowledge of DR best practices and high-level mainframe infrastructure architecture.
- Able to work independently, follow industry standards / best practices and take responsibility for ongoing professional development.