MidWest USA: 2 YEAR CONTRACT: SouthEast USA: 6 ERP Rollout Scheduler/Manufacturing Engineer Roles (Training Experience a Plus) - ( 100% travel) - Baan or Infor LN desired
Location: You must be based in the MidWest (MI, IL, MN, OH, PA, IA) or SouthEast (Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina) and be willing to drive to multiple locations in the region.
Travel: 100%- all travel expenses paid for. You will drive for two weeks at a time (rental car or personal car) & stay home for a week, and be reimbursed for all expenses (hotel, food, gas, etc)
Duration: Two Years
Manufacturing Experience Required, preferably have worked on the Floor.
There are 10 roles for ERP Super Users (Trainers/roll out resources), Schedulers, Manufacturing Engineers.
TEG Client made an acquisition of another firm. As the integration is underway, TEG Client needs to go to each newly acquired firm plant and help them transition to TEG Client ERP system (Infor LN).
These resources will be the ones that will travel to the plants and train the workers on how to use the new system.
They will need to have strong customer service / training skills. Have manufacturing experience so they can understand some of the business functions they are supporting.
This role will start in mid-January and go for 1 to 2 years.
They want to start interviewing and locking in candidates in November. This position requires 100% travel. Below is the job description that was provided:
To rollout ERP system at TEG Client plants in the US and Canada by providing on-site user training, conducting system simulation, helping with data migration & user documentation and assist with go-live & post go-live on-site support for the duration of the ERP roll-out project. To rollout ERP system at TEG Client plants in the US and Canada by providing on-site user training, conducting system simulation, helping with data migration & user documentation and assist with go-live & post go-live on-site support for the duration of the ERP roll-out project.
What we know of the job:
- 1-2 year project
- Selected candidate will need to commit to 100% travel. After two weeks of driving the client is willing to be somewhat flexible by giving them extended time off between assignments.
- There will likely be 4 teams of 2. Each team will have one person will serve as the more senior person. A team will go to their assigned location for three months (one month of training, one month of implementation support, and one month of on-going support). The person identified as more senior will leave the location two weeks prior to the conclusion of the project to start the next training at the next location which the other person finishes up.
- There will be some data clean up tasks during each implementation. So, experience with manufacturing data clean-up, mapping data from old system to new system will be good to have.
Things to look for with candidates:
- Previous manufacturing experience particularly with interactions with floor level end users and back office workers
- Not looking for an IT resource looking for a super-user - knowledge of ERP systems is required; knowledge with Infor LN (used to be called Baan) would be a major bonus.
- Panel of 3-5 interviewers interview is via WebEx candidate will need to have a computer/laptop with a camera.
- The panel seems to be focusing on manufacturing and ERP questions (describe each process) candidates are encouraged to be honest.
- Also asked what the worst training environment was for them (if they could come up with an example related to manufacturing in which they overcame resistance, that would be ideal).
- Other questions asked of candidates:
- How do you build a bill of materials?
- How do you build a multi-layer bill of materials?
- What types of overhead do you apply to a manufacturing process?
- How do you apply overhead to a manufacturing process?
- How do you determine the process for multi-line products?
- Strong communication skills, some organizational change management.
- Must have a valid passport and available for travel to Canada.
- Must live close to a major airport (not someplace remote due to the amount of travel required).
- Targeted start date = April for train the trainer, but interviews have already begun.
- Targeted deployment to sites = May
Client is a discrete manufacturing facility. They do batch production runs to make the tubing for things like paper towels.
Candidates need to be able to talk about manufacturing experience .. specifically experiences on the production floor and in the back office.
The candidate will get several situational questions:
tell me about your ERP experience
.... tell me about a time when training went well
.... tell me about a time when training went poorly.
Candidate needs to emphasize self-motivated, strong work ethic.
- Provide on-site Super user support ERP training to plant users
- Assist with ERP master and transactional data migration
- Participate in system simulation to ensure software is working per plant/users requirements
- Coordinate and follow-up with IT, Engineering, GSSC, Central Processing resources to ensure implementation tasks / touch points are completed in a timely manner
- Create and update end users ERP training documentation
- Investigate and respond to user help requests, questions and problems
- Identify and test possible solutions to business issues
- Identify business process/situations that could be improved with ERP solutions
- Participate in testing software modifications/upgrades to ensure software is working per requirements
- May be required to play a role of site lead to manage a small group of implementers at the site
- Provide weekly executive status reports to the Project Steering Committee with regards to accomplishments, watch list items and any management alerts requiring steering committee attention
- Required to travel up to 100% in the US and Canada ( Going to go by Region due to COVID and airline travel concerns)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience in Manufacturing and/or related industry is required
- Experience as a plant manager or scheduler or buyer is a plus
- Prior Baan ERP experience as power user or end user or IT support analyst is a plus
Knowledge and Skills :
- Strong verbal & written communication skills