Credence Management Solutions, LLC (Credence) is seeking a seasoned Database Administrator to provide Mainframe Management Support Services for a wide range of FBOP and DOJ IT General Support Systems and major applications. Responsibilities
Provide IT analyst support for Data Base operations in IBM Z/OS mainframe environment and assist BOP in the maintenance and enhancement of the DB environment to include the following:
- Maintain DBMS-related objects, including databases, tablespaces, indexes, tables, views, alias, plans, and packages supporting both transactional and batch applications. Support object creation, deletion, alter, updating, reorgs, unloads, reloads, image copies, backups and recoveries.
- Assist system staff with subsystem configuration changes, including initialization parameter updates, buffer pool sizing, and thread management.
- Monitor database performance and recommend improvements for operational efficiency.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of database and subsystem-related errors and perform root cause analysis to identify necessary changes to prevent future problems. Collaborate with DBMS vendors as needed to identify and research problems in support of DBMS maintenance/updates
- Assist in capacity planning, space management and database maintenance activities.
- Provide application SQL review; recommend access path improvements to programming staff
- Assist in maintain appropriate security privileges for end-users and applications accessing DBMS resources.
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years of expertise in Database Administration or Mainframe Management Support
- Specific experience with Data Base operations in IBM Z/OS mainframe environment
- Server database maintenance and administration
- Must be able to function resourcefully and independently and work with a diverse team of IA/cybersecurity practitioners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience working within DOJ Offices, Boards, and Divisions (OBDs), with an understanding of unique organizational security policies and security controls implementations within specific IT environments is desired.