NETWORK ENGINEER – CISCO ACI
ALTA IT Services has a long term contract opening for a Network Engineer with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI) experience. The duration is expected to be at least 6-12 months with very strong potential for extensions. The role will support a stable, respected health insurer.
Location – remote home base with weekly travel to a few corporate offices throughout the DMV area. (Downtown Washington DC, Maryland and Northern VA)
Candidates must be eligible for work in the United States without sponsorship. Individuals selected for hire must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- Designs, installs, and maintains the enterprise network to meet the functional objectives of the business.
- Involved with the network infrastructure, and the planning and design of enterprise local-area/wide-area network (LAN/WAN) solutions.
- Development, administration and maintenance of LAN and WAN infrastructure, ensuring 99.95% minimum availability.
- Primary responsibilities include support of current data network transport services. Includes routine maintenance, software and hardware upgrades, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Switching, routing, creating VLAN’s
- Optimizes performance and adapts network design due to physical alterations and traffic requirements. Ensures resiliency is implemented at crucial points in the network to guarantee maximum availability. Research, design and implement new network related initiatives. Includes mandates from business areas, enterprise driven projects, relocation of personnel and installations of new enterprise sites. Work along with other network engineers and IT areas on day-to-day tasks and projects. May be required to work on disaster recovery/business resumption initiatives.
- Research, engineer, and implement new technology and tools to increase productivity, performance and efficiency. This includes utilizing the corporate lab facilities to thoroughly test all new network applications and future technologies
- Develop and maintain network documentation, policies, procedures and configuration information.
- Maintain data problem management procedures, network documentation, policies, and configuration information.
- Maintain network documentation, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with corporate security and audit regulations.
- Provide technology-consulting services to customers, translating their business needs to network-based solutions.
- Project planning and coordination; and as required, assumption of project roles for projects.
- Utilize project management tools to track and report on project progress and issues.
- Research current technology through self-training. Provide instruction to peers and staff on technology changes and guide less experienced staff to ensure consistency and compliance to departmental standards and policies. Serve as consultative resource to other I/T staff by assisting in data network problem resolution, assisting with system design and integration, and recommending alternative techniques and providing training.
- BS Degree in Information Management or a related field, with 3-5 years related experience and/or training in a routed network environment, multi-platform environment.
- Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of certification, however, this experience and skill level must be clearly demonstrated.
- LAN, WAN experience. Cisco ACI is a must
- Excellent knowledge of switching and routing
- Strong network protocol experience: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
HOURLY RATE: $55/hr. Range W2; C2C OK
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via
ALTA IT Services, is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, specializing in Agile Transformation Services, Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, and Data & Advanced Analytics. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor